Butch Jones is a solid hire.

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Jewbaccah, Dec 8, 2012.

1. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I wasn't assuming. You said it.

2. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

I said I was happy about the hire?

3. JayVols

Sigh. I made a purposefully ridiculous statement to highlight the ridiculousness of yours.

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Didn't get any closer this Friday. We got out maneuvered by Cincinnati, Arkansas, and several others this offseason.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2012
  5. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

I will say this, I don't feel unreasonable to say the word championship with Jones at the helm. It always seemed like a far fetched word when Dooley was here, but I think that Butch might be a guy who can bring us one if everything comes together. He either will or he won't, but we should damn sure expect it out of him regardless of if he does it or not.

Im tired of saying 7 wins and Tennessee football in the same sentence.

6. GahLee

Did you happen to read his post? If UT beats UF, by any margin, we will all be happy but Tenny, apparently. I'm sure he was using that absurd list of things he could do that would not matter to further drive his point, which I get.

My point was and is, that if winning the SEC in year one is the standard, he would be disappointed this season no matter who the coach was.

7. GahLee

You're probably right.

8. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

I heard Orangetaz loves this hire.

9. JayVols

I did, but I didn't take your post as saying that. I guess our wires were crossed.

10. GahLee

Element of the unknown. Crazier shit has happened in sports. Everyone who coaches here should have the same standard. The coaches name may change but the standard should stay the same.

11. JayVols

Oh, that's bad. Funny though.

12. JayVols

I agree. Too bad our administration doesn't.

13. GahLee

I figured that's what happened. We're all wishing and hoping for the same thing here.

14. GahLee

It's a ****ing shame. It really is. I'm torn right now and will continue to be. I want nothing more than for UT to succeed, all the while, I want those two to go **** themselves on I-40 during rush hour.

15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

The indictment is that he got his ass kicked by a UT team that couldn't even be called average and padded the W column against a bunch of losing teams.

16. JayVols

Yeah. I won't deny that my nerves are pretty damn raw.

17. GahLee

Gene Chizik won a national title, Gene ****ing Chizik. If he can do it, anyone can.

18. GahLee

Me and the wife are at odds right now because I'm an abundantly larger asshole right now, more so than my normal asshole self.

19. JayVols

Fyp

20. GahLee

I see it completely differently, the team that played Cincinnati wasn't even the same team the very next game. Hunter went down, then Bray and it was all down hill from there. Team got progressively worse, by the time they played UK, they weren't even a bad team, they were awful.

If UT would have played Cincinnati when UK played us, they would have murdered that team. It was about circumstance and the team giving up.

I don't like that he lost to Dooley but I'm not breaking out the rope because of it.