Creepy-A$$ Cracker...

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Oldvol75, Jun 27, 2013.

Tags:
  1. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I don't get the outrage concerning being pulled over. Big government people love to say that you shouldn't worry about dealing with the cops if you've done nothing wrong. Seems like it should be no big deal to the gun control, pro intrusive government folks. It just means the police cares more.

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I've gotten pulled over because I "changed lanes abruptly," for having a dim rear light (not out), I've gotten pulled over because he said I matched the description of a criminal they were looking for (which I'm sure was bs). The list goes on and on. I just assumed the guys were bored.

3. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Or that government housing has been a huge failure, and that it is more of an issue due to poverty than race.

4. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I can think of one time I've been pulled over for no reason I could discern. A sheriff deputy pulled me over on a road in Knoxville city (Cherokee Trail for Knoxvillians) and told me to slow down. If y'all know Cherokee Trail it's really hard to speed on it. All I could figure is they were looking for somebody. ****, did they profile me?

5. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Of course bad things can just happen and I've been called a racist plenty of times by some teenage idiot, though it's been a couple of years, so I'm basing my reference off of adults, professionals, mostly middle class folks, people in my life who aren't prone to making shit up or carry a feeling of being owed. In fact, their response usually ranges from a shrug of the shoulders to annoyed acceptance of the way things are for them. I'm sorry, it exists for black people in a way that it doesn't for myself as a white male. I don't want to create some new law, start a march or compensate people for their pain and suffering. It's the simple fact that this type of stuff is always downplayed, minimized, ignored or shut down when brought to the attention of people who are not affected by it, i.e. mostly white males which irks me. I've been around white people all my life and they say and do racist shit all the time (and I'm hardly hanging out with KKK types), then the same people somehow think it doesn't translate to actual issues against black people. I can be considered some kind of racial pot stirrer or whatever here, but the fact of the matter is that this stuff happens all the time and it isn't because of people like me pointing it out.

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I'm around white people all te time too and never hear racist comments. Edit: I've been called a racist far more times than I've heard racist comments in my life.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2013
  7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I forgot the time I was pulled over in broad daylight and the cop said he pulled me over because he thought a young dude like me couldn't afford the car. Edit: and it should be noted it was an Infiniti I bought used for $10k, not like I was driving a Lamborghini

Last edited: Jul 20, 2013
  8. Unimane

And what can he do to check how you paid for it, demand your work stubs? But, based upon your numerous commentary on these type of topics, it does sound as if you are annoyed by it. Could it be possible others who face these type of, let's say, inconveniences have some issue to be annoyed as well?

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

If I was black you don't think I'd say I was pulled over for "driving while black?" I'm not suggesting people shouldn't be annoyed by it at all, just don't tell me that's an example why the rest of your life sucks because of racism.

10. Unimane

Perhaps part of it is that you so seldom think anything is racist. Granted, it also might be the fact that I live much of my life in a region of the country that has a number of people so casual about their racism and live in a city where someone thinks it's perfectly acceptable to put a huge statue of Nathan Bedford Forrest surrounded by a phalanx of Confederate flags right next to a busy interstate.

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I would think if the names on the drivers license and vehicle registration match, that would prove he owns it and didn't steal it, but I'm no detective.

12. Unimane

If it does happen a number of times, don't you think there's the possibility, maybe even likelihood, that it is DWB?

13. Unimane

He could just run the tags and find out if it was stolen.

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Sure. Cops can be [Richards]. Had a young friend with a BMW convertible pulled over all the time for a couple of miles over the speed limit. Another guy I know pulled over all the time we think because he had a ponytail.

15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Not if it hasn't been reported yet.

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Now as far as these examples go, we are talking about people expressing concern over racism because of a repeated pattern of mistreatment. As far as I can tell this story describes a guy getting misidentified once after being voted into office and invited to a pretty high society shindig. This isn't some guy repeatedly harassed by subhuman rednecks in Jerkoffsville, MS.

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I think I can figure out if something said is racist or not. It's really not that complicated.

18. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I dunno I'm not sure we've figured it out with 10000 pages here

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I'm sure people are regularly pulled over for dwb in a white neighborhood. The question if the other 50 things that happen to them are due to their race. We aren't doing anyone any favors by telling them the country is racist and against them.

20. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I've never been pulled over/received a ticket. No bullshit.