U$C..eff it let's talk about Dooley v Kiffin again.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Volguy1971, Sep 8, 2013.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Geez. I spend more time helping you guys follow along then I do actually working on my side of the argument.

1. Is there a fairly large discrepancy in recruiting results from [ddiapos] and Lane Kiffin?

If yes:

2. Does that discrepancy shows superior results for Kiffin, might it be a reasonable presumption that Kiffin is a superior recruiter?

If yes:

3. Might it be a reasonable position to assume that with a superior recruiter in place the past three years we would have a superior roster than what UT is currently fielding?

If yes:

4. Would you not say that we would likely be in a better position today had Kiffin been our coach the past three years?

If yes:

5. You lose.

2. limpleg

limpleg He gone. No, really.

I know he is debating Eric, IP. Kpt posted that the debate was who was the better coach from the beginning when I asked, in between his childish potshots. I bumped his answer above. That was never the debate. End of book. End of discussion.

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Kiffin would recruit better than Dooley did. I can't prove it anymore than I can prove Saban wouldn't go winless with ten years on the Hill, but I'm going to go ahead and believe it.

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Wrong again.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Like I said:

6. g8terh8ter_eric

g8terh8ter_eric Contributor

The burden of proof is for you to prove that, and even with hypothetical answers to those questions, even if they are all yes, you can't prove we would have been any better than we were. We would all like to believe we would have been, but even as great of a recruit O was at Ole Miss, no one could have predicted how bad he would have been as a HC. Kiffin could have been even worse than Dooley, not very likely, but possible non-the-less.

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Here is some reading for limp, followed by several other enlightening posts. Let me know if you need some help with Where the Wild Things Are.

8. g8terh8ter_eric

Let me repost this for discussion as well...

Does Charlie Strong get a look, if Kiffin is ousted?

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

He recruited said talent.

10. g8terh8ter_eric

My post wasn't intended to say that Dooley was better than Kiffin. Instead, it was meant to imply that Kiffin could have squandered talent here, just like he is at USC. That's all I was getting at. I apologize if you guys thought I meant something else.

11. dknash

dknash Chieftain

SMH

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

How do you really know Strong would do any better than Kiffin, before you hire him? The burden of proof is on you.

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

The burden of proof is on me? I need to build a time machine, go back to 2009, force Pete Carroll not to leave USC, take screen shots of Rivals pages for the next four years, then return here to give you the results so I can prove something every other human readily understands?

I'll get right on it.

14. g8terh8ter_eric

He's recruited everything for USC the past 3 years or so, no?

15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

So we won because a guy that could have squandered talent left and was replaced with a guy that squandered talent and gave UT it's first three seasons in a row with losing records. Can't argue there.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

We have to go back...

[​IMG]

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Seems that way, but can you prove he hasn't been replaced by an android? Really not worth discussing with so little proof-positive information.

18. g8terh8ter_eric

We can at least say Strong has won a BCS bowl game as a head coach, and beat Florida as well.

19. g8terh8ter_eric

Get on it!! Getting that thing up to 88/mph can be tricky.

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Beating Florida is essential for success at the University of Southern California.