Kiffin Fired

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by TennTradition, Sep 29, 2013.

1. limpleg

limpleg He gone. No, really.

Hypothetical. His only recruiting class at UT ended up sucking and he has been fired again. As posters on here have always said, getting fired a couple of times means you suck, and he sucks as a head coach. Proof wins over hypothetical. Terrible leader. Absolutely terrible.

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

True, but "daddy got him his job" is clear bs in this case

3. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

I agree. He also had quite a few good DL who were going to come here before he left.

4. limpleg

So you not only think we dropped the ball on Gruden from the AD side, but believe Kiffin is a good HC as well?

5. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

No ****ing shit it's hypothetical. So is the assertion that he would've failed here.

6. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

You can't hold the Raiders against him. That has been a shithole of a franchise the past decade no matter who walked through the door as coach. You may be right about Lane ultimately, but for whatever reason it seemed to be working in Knoxville.

7. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Where else did we drop the ball on Gruden?

8. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

It may be immature and stupid, but I'm enjoying this.

9. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

Obviously no one will ever know for sure unless Dave Hart, Jimmy Cheek or Jon Gruden write a tell all book, but I'd say from everything I heard from a couple of people who would know and the evidence surrounding the smoke, that seems to be the case.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Having 85 scholarship players would be a start.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's only immature if you burn a mattress

12. limpleg

You guys always preach track records, etc. He's been fired from 2 of his last 3 jobs, quit another after a year, just lost 7 of his last 11 games and went 7-6 at UT with several current nfl players on the roster. I really don't have a problem with your opinion, as it is your gut feeling and I'm fine with that. I've been berated for saying I didn't think Martinez sucked, but was told his track record and being fired gave no other option but that he does suck. Now, those same posters are reneging on that thought process when it comes to Kiffin.

13. limpleg

Nobody was more fired up for Kiffin when he arrived at UT than me. I promise.

14. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

This.

15. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I guess I better put mine out then. At least my house is only one story. If I throw it out, it won't fall far enough to get all the way out.

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

The only football related joy I get anymore is the failures of others.

17. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I'm with you there.

18. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Same. I spend more time on Saturday rooting for others to lose than I do rooting for Tennessee to win. At least with the former, I occasionally have a decent shot.

19. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Par for the course with Haden. He makes Mike Garrett look like Tom Jurich.

20. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Absolutely. If they play merely bad defense last season, this doesn't happen.