Kiffin Fired

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by TennTradition, Sep 29, 2013.

1. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I do to. Is friend or acquaintance a better word.

2. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I wouldn't speculate on someone else's behalf.

3. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

From the ESPN article:

"According to the Los Angeles Daily News, Haden met with advisers Saturday during a 28-0 Arizona State run in the third quarter, and that's when it was decided to dismiss Kiffin.

Kiffin was pulled off the team bus in a parking lot at Los Angeles International Airport by Haden for a brief meeting with the AD and several other school administrators and was told he was fired, the Daily News reported."

Sounds both classy and well thought out.

4. _Crew_

_Crew_ Contributor

I'll admit that this news was mildly amusing.

...misery loves company and all that.

5. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I'd say in the end that USC got what they wanted our of Kiffin. A guy to be a stop gap and someone to bring in top notch talent with their limited numbers.

6. limpleg

limpleg He gone. No, really.

Monte can't coach against college offenses. His mind isn't wired for it and is too old to adapt.

7. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

He'll have plenty of time to do so. Even entertaining a head coaching job in the next three or four years would be a big mistake. Go back to the NFL, work your way through those ranks. That's his best option.

8. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

What was Kiffin's resume before he got the Raiders HC job? OC for USC and wr coach? How does that qualify him to be HC? Just saying

9. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Kind of like the way Kiffin left in the middle of the night? Or how he cowardly addressed the media through a youtube video after he lost to an ass clown pirate?

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Carroll and him apparently are not civil anymore.

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Raiders first tried to hire sarkisian then kiffin, Davis was obsessed with usc's offense for some reason

12. hatvol96

When was he supposed to leave Knoxville? Take the USC job, hang around for a few days, then throw a big surprise party at the University Club to tell the UT brass?

13. hatvol96

Which explains them doing multiple coaching clinics together the last two off seasons.

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Apparently Haden loves Franklin. I don't get it.

15. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I think ultimately that might his only option. I think you are likely right that he will end up at Seattle, which will be a great for him

16. hatvol96

He like flashy and phony. Enfield and Franklin would be a perfect pair for Haden.

17. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

He could have went about it a little better. I noticed you didn't address the other part of my question...

18. hatvol96

How was it cowardly? He did essentially the same thing to Scott Wolf and the rest of those idiots when SC was rolling two years ago.

19. hatvol96

Actually, I just did.

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I read that Carroll was pissed that kiffin crapped on the roster he left him. Beats me