Arian Foster's bastard child

Discussion in 'Sports' started by justingroves, Jan 14, 2014.

Tags:
  1. IP

IP Super Moderator

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

If someone asked you for information on birth control, would you even mention abortion? Of course not. It isn't birth control, because words have meaning and birth control prevents pregnancy by definition.

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

You said it was utterly absurd to describe a procedure used to control birth as birth control. I think that is a stretch. I don't want to get into a middle class argument here, but yeah, a decent number of abortions are in essence a birth control supplement.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Do I have to discuss what a compound word is? Would you attempt this argument if we were talking about real estate or a grand jury?

A birth control "supplement." What is wrong with someone terminating an unwanted pregnancy? I just don't see the problem. And I sure as hell don't see how it is anyone else's business.

5. syndicate

syndicate Well-Known Member

That's more to do with the insane cost of adoption and all of the red tape than anything.

6. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

In this thread, the abortion clinic is Prince, and IP is now Warner Brothers...

Do whatever you legally may to stop that child from being born, but just don't call it birth control.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

... Call it terminating a pregnancy. Call it abortion. But birth control is for preventing pregnancy. I emphasize this because there are some who are not only against abortion, but also want to label the "morning after pill" abortion (it isn't, anyone who says otherwise is either ignorant or a liar) and even contraception abortion (looking at you traditional Catholics).

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

I guess "love the opportunity" has a price tag.

9. syndicate

syndicate Well-Known Member

Paying some third party $20k for signing some papers is absurd, but I guess we should just kill all of them right?

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

I would never want a child to be killed.

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

What is wrong with it? I guess you'd have to ask the pro-choice people that make the argument that very few abortions are the result of people accidentally getting pregnant and just not wanting kids. Seems like that would be a weird thing to bring up if there wasn't anything wrong with it.

12. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

It is.

However, I don't believe that. My sister-in-law is 100% against abortion- in any circumstance. I don't think she's inconsistent because her views are constant. She and her husband even adopted a preemie wih many health issues that was a result of a rape.

I disagree with her, but I respect her views. It's the inconsistency about life that I can't go along with.

13. JayVols

They are great tax write-offs though.

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

sounds like a semantics argument to me.

15. JayVols

Is the in-vitro fertilization process abhorrent also?

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

some religions forbid it

17. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

maybe. are we going to get a whole bunch of little democrat bastard spawn from it?

18. JayVols

If they are raised correctly, yes.

19. JayVols

Are our laws dependent upon any religion?

20. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

well then it's abhorrent.