Arian Foster's bastard child

Discussion in 'Sports' started by justingroves, Jan 14, 2014.

Tags:
  1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

of course not. just saying that some people do find it abhorrent.

2. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Haha.

So it's ok to abort potential Democrats. I'm with you now- as in I understand.

3. JayVols

I don't begrudge them their beliefs. They can choose not to do it, but they shouldn't prevent others with dissimilar beliefs from participating in the procedure.

4. syndicate

syndicate Well-Known Member

You can troll better than that.

5. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

It's a poorly defined term, and such happens in our language.

How are you reasoning the morning after pill being contraception rather than abortion? I'm not saying you are wrong, but it's not totally black and white. I'd agree that by interfering with ovulation or fertilization, it's clearly acts as contraception. If it interferes with implantation, then it's not so black and white anyway since when pregnancy actually begins is most widely considered (or at least used) to be at fertilization. I've read that it can act in all three ways.

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

It's certainly abortion by the medical definition (assuming the egg has implanted). I don't have any problem with it though.

7. JayVols

The egg is fertilized, but the drug prevents it from implanting.

8. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I'm opposed to it. It's not based on the anything biblical, and I don't necessarily believe that all life is sacred. My opposition comes from simply believing that life begins with pregnancy. While all life may not be worthy of protecting or saving, those who are innocent are worth protecting. I have mixed feelings on special cases such as birth defects, rape, etc. Neither my preacher, nor Rush Limbaugh, convinced me of this. It's by my own reasoning and education that I came to this conclusion.

I won't justify why I am noble enough to have that opinion because there's no way I am (at least in someone's eyes), but opposition to government assistance programs doesn't necessarily equal not caring about the less fortunate.

After rereading, this may look argumentative than I meant it. It's just my opinion. Everyone's entitled to one.

9. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Most hold the opinion that pregnancy begins at fertilization.

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I was thinking of something else

11. JayVols

Not argumentative at all, brother. It's all good.

12. JayVols

IUD?

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

You mean like calling gestating fetuses babies?

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

If failure to implant is a miscarriage, then women experience miscarriages disturbingly often.

15. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Who said anything about miscarriage?

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

It isn't trolling, man. I ****ing don't get how anyone can see a fetus with no cognitive ability as a human, much less how a microscopic collection of cells is a person. Someone comparing that to a child, a baby, or an adult is completely unfathomable to me. As far as I am concerned, pro-lifers who are okay with wars, the death penalty, and the second amendment are trolling so hard they've even trolled themselves.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

What is a miscarriage to you? If an egg not implanting is an abortion, surely that happening on it's own is a miscarriage? No? I mean, I am not the one trying to say live tissue is a human life.

18. syndicate

syndicate Well-Known Member

Now you're just being ****ing dense.

19. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Otherworldly ridiculous with that logic leap.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

There is no leap. Life is only being held as sacred until it is born. Then it is every life for itself.