Arian Foster's bastard child

Discussion in 'Sports' started by justingroves, Jan 14, 2014.

Tags:
  1. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

All means all, no? Or there's conditions, which is my point.

2. JayVols

Is frying another human not disgusting?

Are you anti-capital punishment?

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

The young are given the benefit of the doubt as having not proven their true identities at this point. A forty year old with multiple homicides being treated a little differently doesn't really strike me as such a hypocritical act.

4. syndicate

syndicate Well-Known Member

There are some differences. Babies are innocent and people on death row are murders and/or rapists. They took someone's life so they shouldn't be spared their own.

On the other hand, you'd think the democratic party would figure out how many abortions come from low income mothers and realize they are allowing future democrat voters to by killed.

5. JayVols

In other words, there are conditions.

6. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

I really don't see how capital punishment and "anti" abortion contradict each other.

7. JayVols

Because all Dems are destitute.

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

A planned parenthood guy was soliciting donations outside of my Trader Joes. I told him i didn't support racist organizations. He didn't have any clue what i was talking about. I was mostly ****ing with him though.

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I don't think I ever stated otherwise. I think the only real point of contention among most is what the conditions are.

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

aren't there always?

11. JayVols

Which is why I have no problem with those that recognize that.

12. JayVols

I would say so. Others, not so much.

13. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Just to be fair, it's similar to how all abortion opponents lack care for starving children, believe all life is sacred, and claim Jesus is Christ.

14. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I thought this problem of starving babies was solved with A Modest Proposal?

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

We are talking about terminating a pregnancy. Birth control is about preventing pregnancy.

By labeling abortion "birth control," it calls up an image of a person who regularly receives abortions as the sole means of managing their reproductive processes. Not really cost effective and certainly an abuse of a medical procedure when simpler methods are available. It is like saying pain killers should be banned because there are junkies.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

There are half a million kids in foster care and over 100,000 waiting to be adopted. There are not plenty of people that would love the opportunity, because the opportunity outsupplies demand.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

A baby can breathe on it's own and is no longer physiologically dependent on the mother. That is a serious biological and practical difference from the situation with a fetus.

Since you like to call fetuses babies, let me ask a few questions:

Why do people say they are "having a baby" or "going to have a baby," if iyo they already have one? Why do we bother with birthdays? Shouldn't it be conception days? What makes a parasitic twin not a human?

To me, personhood is more than a heart beat and DNA. Much more. If I am in an irreversible vegetable state, I am no longer a person. If a fetus has no cognitive abilities, it is not a person to me. It is human tissue that has the ability to develop into a person, in the same way an acorn could grow into an oak.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

As a society? When it is a baby. When it is capable of independently maintaining biological functions without the support of the mother's organs. You are creating conundrums by misusing terms. By calling anything that could be a person a baby, you have engineered this "grey area" that doesn't actually exist.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

A growing baby does have full protection above and beyond that of a flower.

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Seems like it prevents... a... birth...