Do you think Holly Warlick...

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by JayVols, Jan 20, 2014.

1. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Not that I really care... But UT could've hired the best WBB coach in the nation but promoted that fraud, lulz. I don't care if it was the wishes of someone who is in a horrible mental state.. It's moronic. Especially considering 2-3 of the best coaches in the nation are from the Summitt coaching line or former players. It was an utter failure.

But.. How do you go about firing someone who will likely win the SEC most years and stay in the top 20? Especially for a sport no one cares about so minimal pressure to replace.. Then you have Pat Summitt backing her.. Seems like an impossible situation for Hart.

Damn - I can't believe I'm posting this much about the Lady vols.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2014
  2. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

They won't fire her because Lady Vol fans are the most inbred, insular group in all of East Tennessee, no small feat.

3. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Or a Jeep Liberty.

4. JayVols

Ummmm. I don't think lesbians can actually breed. Could be wrong though.

5. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

Why am I reading a thread about Lady Vols BB?

6. JayVols

Everybody likes lesbians. Unfortunately, fantasy, in this particular instance, doesn't jibe too well with reality.

7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Why is this in the basketball forum?

8. JayVols

There's not a lesbian forum?

9. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Please no. We don't need a forum that I might accidentally stumble into and get my ass kicked.

10. JayVols

Haha.

That goes for everyone here...except maybe OldVol. He could go bear hunting with a switch.

11. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I find the mockery and downright contempt for women's sports by most men to be an interesting phenomenon. I understand not liking it, but why the need to openly denigrate it?

12. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

My hate for it is that the women's program has done nothing at UT but drain money. Yet we're supposed to think that's good for the university because it's equality. And because they've beaten the 2 teams necessary to win a championship a few times, we've got to continue to pay them out the wazoo when a damn can of soup is all you need to go watch it.

13. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

With that said, if my daughter signs a scholarship to play for the Lady Vols in 15 years, I'll be wearing powder blue and have my pants so high that my chest hair will be stuck in my zipper.

14. NorrisAlan

Men's baseball, track, rowing, etc are not a drain as well? The only sports that make money are football and men's basketball. Everything else is a drain, is it not?

Now, as to the inflation of women's basketball coaching salaries, yeah, that is nonsensical. But I detest the amount of money football coaches at all levels are making as well.

15. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

because they should be in the kitchen, duh

16. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I've no real problem with the LV, but the couple I sat next to when I took my mom to the National Championship game ten years ago seemed to be a man hating, paranoid pair.

17. NorrisAlan

And many men when asked about women's sports are just as vitriolic and claim Title IX as the devil's spawn. So, the real question is, why? Why the hatred? I am not judging, I just would like a discussion on this because I have never had a chance to discuss it with people.

18. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Title IX was presented as an attack on football. It stuck.

In many cases, Title IX's implementation resulted in addition of women's by subtraction of men's sports.

(Some) Men feel women's sports are forced on them destroying a part of the collective manhood.

Just speculating and remembering years gone by.

19. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I meant more about their circle the wagons mentality, not their breeding habits. Think of a horde of Vollygirls with short or blue hair who put the freemasons to shame for their insularity. Obviously, you know this, but I just wanted to paint that picture.

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Title IX and the fact that the football and men's basketball program's by and large have to pay for all these non revenue women's sports. At least at cal, funding all the Olympic sports unquestionably reduces the budget for the football and men's basketball program i.e. the sports that count.