Peyton Manning

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Jan 25, 2014.

1. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

The only thing clear to me is that it was a complete beat down, Seattle dominated all phases of the game...dominated. There's not a QB in the history of football that could have/would have changed that outcome of that game. Shame on Peyton for carrying a clearly inferior team all the way to the Super Bowl only to lose. He should have managed to not make the playoffs to avoid the criticism.

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

first four possesions: safety, 3 and out, int, int. 3 out of 4 of those peyton was certainly culpable. i'd say starting a tad better on offense would have greatly effected the outcome. arguing no qb in nfl history could do better than 2 ints and a 3 and out is pretty damn laughable.

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Getting his ass kicked multiple times at home by garbage teams as huge favorite turned out to be total BS. This stuff about him having the most picks in Super Bowl history isn't true, either.

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Statistically, maybe. His game wasn't as bad as the stats showed. And that's despite playing from behind, which his offense is simply not build to do.

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Three and out! Kill him! I believe he was 2/2 on that drive. Receivers just got drilled immediately.

6. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

You need a new paint brush.

7. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

safety was clearly on him as was the 3 and out. The first pick we'll hand him. The last pick was clearly his throw, but I'm shocked at the silliness of your inability to admit that his right tackle gave that play away. OBTW, his receiver was open and on Sherman. His back standing there like an idiot and watching the ball fall was idiotic.

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I said he lost to multiple teams at home as a favorite. I never said he got his ass kicked. and who has the most int's in super bowl history if it's not peyton? he has 5. someone has more?

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

actually i'd argue the stats made him look better than he was since he added on most of the yards when the game was essentially over.

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

show me a worse 4 starting drives in super bowl history;.

11. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

2 time NBA champ. It isn't like he never won a playoff game. They changed rules because of him. 50 pts 25 rebounds, per game. For a season.

100 point game. Final Four with the Jayhawks. 2 time consensus all american.

Don't straw man me please. You are claiming things I never said. If you want to debate, that is fine, but stick to what I say and not what you think you read. I think people put too much weight on the post season. And it is dumb.

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I agree the pressure is why he threw the INT. I don't agree it wasn't his fault. he saw the rush and forced a bad throw. I have no idea if the safety was his fault. I haven't seen anyone really talk about it.

13. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

so this silliness is what you see other Internet idiots talk about?

Of course the safety and KO return were his fault - he has a large contract, plays for the team and catches snaps.

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

he was a shell of his former self for the second title.

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I posted the play. it seems pretty obvious. peter king is an internet idiot?

KO return hardly decided the game.

16. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

funny. Let's boil it down when it's silly.

How about worst opening play after half? How about worst 15 plays after a safety in which the QB clearly snapped the ball over his own head and stood idly by as the bad guys scored?

17. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

peter king is a motherfreaking journalist and there are almost none of those who know [penis] about ball, playing ball, coaching ball or talking ball.

The idiotic play call on 4th at the end of the half, followed shortly by KO return absolutely ended the game. I believe multiple of the Seahawks agreed.

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Denver was down 22-0 after that. how is that silly? let's say manning throws a td pass instead of the pick 6. then the score is 15-7. tad different situation no?

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

he's the most respected NFL journalist there is.

yes it put the nail in the coffin. the first 4 drives is what made the nail possible.

20. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

let's say the right tackle doesn't allow himself to be treated like Decker, it is a TD and Sherman looks silly? What if they had stuck to the WR screen to the right because Sherman can't and won't tackle? What if they didn't have John Fox?

The hypothetical game is useless. Manning's team lost in the SB again and that's not good for his legacy as GOAT. He's not going to be GOAT. He is absolutely one of the best QBs ever.