Michael Sam Is Gay.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by LawVol13, Feb 9, 2014.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

But a lot of people who don't eat there much started making it their primary fast food place. In the end, it was a good move by him because he understood his locations.

He lost people like me that enjoy waffle fries and liberty for all, but I didn't eat there for two years prior anyway.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Chick-fil-A doesn't donate directly anymore, but he and others in the company do.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I can turn my son loose on the indoor playground and eat in peace. I honestly don't care if they fund a Muslim terrorist cell, I need that peace once or twice a year

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

You think? Seems hard for me to believe.

5. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I know a lot of people went out and supported them after the incident and are all to happy to post on facebook how christian they are. I don't know of anyone personally that chooses to eat at chick-fil-a because they're christian now that the pr disaster is long gone. I eat there about once a month. I like the taste of their chicken. I figure if I boycotted every business that did something that I think is wrong I'd have to move into a cave and live off the land.

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I probably ate there 300+ times as a college freshman. I hope to never eat it again, regardless of what political stances they take.

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

So do I. while I bet a greater number of people will never eat there in their entire life because of this. I don't personally like the chicken enough for me to go there despite the donations. if this was Tommie's burgers I would still go. I don't believe that this could possibly be a net positive profit wise for them. maybe it has no real effect, I could buy that.

8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I can give you several companies I'll never use again as long as I can help it because of crappy service, but I don't know if I can tell you a single company I've ever stopped using simply because of political/social views.

9. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

There was probably a one month uptick, but that was it. I am betting it averages back to normal after it.

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I generally don't care, but the pure dollar amount pissed me off. I used to go weekly to a bakery in Oakland who was run by black muslims who openly stated part of their purpose was to end the reign of whitey, but damn did they have a great fish sandwich.

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

that what I would guess as well. most of their restuarants aren't in the liberal areas anyway.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

White or wheat bread? Oh right, end the reign of whitey. So wheat or rye.

13. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

You just think it was fish. Silly honky.

14. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I didn't go to the bearden sonic for awhile because one of the carhops hit on me. I think she was like 15.

15. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

fyp

16. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

lulz

17. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Not to take away from the courage and trailblazing and all that good stuff, but this was an opportunistic move on Sam's part.

If he came out to his teammates months ago, then it's already well known in NFL circles that he's gay. By not coming out, he could have slipped on draft boards and it would've been written off as poor measurables. Now, by coming out, I'd say that he's protected, perhaps even bolstered, his draft status. This puts a significant amount of pressure on the League. As courageous as this may be, it's every bit as shrewd.

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i believe it was a wheat roll. can't say I was greeted with a smile, but I don't think anyone else was either. If you have a couple of minutes and google "your black muslim bakery." it's an interesting read.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Oh, it is damn clever. There were folks that would know on ESPN radio last night saying that the scouts and GMs already knew. In fact, there was some speculation that he announced now because it was likely to leak during the combine otherwise, so this way he could still control it without it being a distraction.

He's playing it smart, and hopefully getting good advice too.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

There is a place in DC that does awesome chili I go to when I visit. I don't think they like white folks very much, but they won't chase you away either. In your case, they probably don't have anything against you if you are willing to patron them with "Black Muslim Bakery" on the sign.