Michael Sam Is Gay.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by LawVol13, Feb 9, 2014.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i went there for a solid 6 months before one of my buddies said "you might want to check out the website." there was a propaganda piece that was literally titled something like "how to take economic control away from the white man." it sounded good since they were taking kids out of gangs and teaching them a trade and all. unfortunately the leader and his son ended up in a ditch somewhere as it was thought they were involved in the drug trade and sex trafficking. they were always polite to me though.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

I liked the idea of economic control not being a racial issue. But ya, that phrasing sounds fairly confrontational and the guys making my sandwich ending up in a ditch pretty terrifying.

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

The propaganda didn't get me to stop going. I did make sure to be ultra friendly with everyone there. it wasn't till years later that the guy and his son were arrested and later found dead though.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Small businesses are the only way for many folks to ever get ahead. I try to favor them in my habits, as little of an influence as I may have.

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

as do I. guy had a pretty thriving business. not sure why he had to break the law. of course he wouldn't be the first guy to have a nice business and run it stupidly.

6. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Good for him. I'm glad he can live life the way he wants and not fear getting exposed by some punk journalist looking to make a name for himself. All folks should have that freedom from fear.

Outside of that, I don't care. Period.

7. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

9. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure I know one.

10. kidbourbon

No they didn't.

11. kidbourbon

12. kidbourbon

Ben's Chili Bowl?

Oh, okay, the people that ended up in a ditch were the black muslim bakery peeps, not the Ben's Chili Bowl peeps.

I was at Ben's last night. Lauryn Hill was playing next door. She was terrible, btw.

13. kidbourbon

It tasted good then. It still tastes good.

14. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Lurie would be similar, but it would be about political statement.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya, that's it!

16. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Are the owners of Ben's black? I don't think they are. Could be wrong.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Founder was Trinidadian of Indian extraction, and his wife was black I believe.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

his son sent him a text message.

Dad, I’m gay, he wrote.

The party stopped cold. “I couldn’t eat no more, so I went to Applebee’s to have drinks,” Sam Sr. said. “I don’t want my grandkids raised in that kind of environment.

“I’m old-school,” he added. “I’m a man and a woman type of guy.” As evidence, he pointed out that he had taken an older son to Mexico to lose his virginity.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/12/s...challenge-than-coming-out-as-gay.html?hp&_r=0

if he had just gone to a Mexican whore house for this kid. . .

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

One man one whore one woman kind of man.