Michael Sam Is Gay.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by LawVol13, Feb 9, 2014.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Yup. I read it.

2. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I like to think I'm a likeable idiot with a govt job...

At least I try.

3. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

good. get out of the books and think more.

4. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I find you very likable. I know for sure that I'm not. Not even gonna try.

5. JayVols

Haha.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

I work 3 jobs, two of which are for private entities. But my politics tells him all he needs to know. I am a leech.

7. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Excellent.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Likeable? Doesn't seem so. Charismatic? Definitely. You probably swung a big sword or axe and led skirmishing barbarians in another life.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Graduate and get a real job, hippie

10. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

They are fooling themselves if they think that they are not changing and showering with a gay teammate already.

11. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

for the record, I don't presume anyone in the conversation a leech.

12. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

and everyone is fooling themselves if they really think straight athletes are "worried" about showering with gay athletes.

13. JayVols

I try to not let anything on here get me too discumbobulated. I've found that we all are a bit more harsh here than normal, myself included, than in person. I've met tons of folks from here, most that think my political views suck, but they are to a person genuinely good folks.

It's the nature of the beast.

*sorry if I blew anyone's cover with this post

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

If I could find a full time job, I'd take it in a heart beat. Can't.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

This is how I see it, and I think there are many athletes in the league that are smart enough (or possibly gay enough, HEY-O) to know that.

16. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Yep. I'd wager there are plenty of locker rooms that already have 'known' gay guys, but no one considers it an issue. I have no doubt about that. What this whole deal may ultimately do is show people on the outside that it isn't a problem. Hell, Mizzou is a pretty solid example.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Wasn't there strong rumors that the former 49er and Eagle QB Garcia was gay, like it was a poorly kept secret?

18. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

and the US military avoiding the cataclysmic "loss of morale" is plenty evidence that the bias is senseless. I'm the first to say that the military should run its affairs, but it has has to be forced into acceptance at every turn.

The lone place they've been right is gender. The social engineering idiocy shouldn't apply when the standards have to move in order to support it.

19. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

[​IMG]

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

what he's saying his he'd like to be a govt drone, but hasn't been offered a full time position.