Michael Sam Is Gay.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by LawVol13, Feb 9, 2014.

1. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Isn't it you always here telling me how over the top meaningful and brutal racial comments are? You know, I can't understand why Redakins is so overwhelmingly brutal because it just is? How does this live up?

My calling you a stupid ass is an issue and might bother, but it's mitigated because you proudly display it and it's true. That's more comparable and happens all the time, I'm assuming, to guys like you.

2. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Slurs in both cases are a bit more than derogatory, they are bigoted and hateful. Racial slurs have more significant connotations, but in both instances the fuel is hatred.

3. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

uni not going to be dragged into the mud today.

4. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Happens all of never. I'm sure you get called a piece of shit [Penis] all the time, since you proudly display it on here all the time.

Of course, as usual, the first part is a gross exaggeration of what my statements are on the topic, or, I'll call them an outright lie, since that's what they are. The part about the Redskins is just moronic, but backed up by a certainty in your moronic assertions.

Ultimately, though, I particularly like when you talk about the racism against Robinson and state that it was far and away worse than homophobic comments, suggesting how terrible it is, then come at me with a mockery of "how brutal and over the top racial comments are". So, are they or aren't they? Either way, I've never lectured anyone on the topic like it's some kind of sensitivity training, so spare me that mischaracterization.

5. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

agreed. I'm not trying to trivialize this either. I'm just beating up on Uni because he's Uni, but I don't think the implied message is as harsh as those thrown at Robinson. There is some history of really rough treatment, but not the corporate approach that the US historically had, gov't sanctioned, against different races.

6. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I'm convinced you need someone to read for you. Every once in a while I try to think you're not a knee jerk idiot and you prove me wrong. I can't decide if I feel sorry for you - but you have nothing to prove to me. You just roll on and enjoy your gov't granted day off and watch some TV.

7. Unimane

The point isn't that they are exactly the same, but, certainly on some levels, many of the components you suggest as unique to racial abuse towards Robinson are there. Homophobia definitely has been sanctioned against gays and the social opposition is vocal and influential, especially in the past. I don't think there are many who would, seriously, argue they are one in the same, but Sam is facing a baptism by fire in a lot of respects, as Robinson did in 1947. No doubt Sam will get death threats, the cold shoulder of some teammates, etc., etc. It just won't be on the magnitude of Robinson.

8. Unimane

I'm at work on my lunch break. No snow day in Nashville. How many times do you have to get shit about me wrong? Hey, maybe I'll go to that union meeting after school, right? Oh, wait, I'm not a member, that's right.

9. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

That is an interesting stance. Why do racial slurs have more significant connotations?

10. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

this was mealy mouthed crap. "many of the same components...are there." No kidding? It's not like I said exactly that in the post you quoted. The remainder is simply remaking the same point. Why in the hell are you talking?

11. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

my bad. I didn't mean to imply that you owe me an excuse and damn sure didn't mean to have the weather report wrong. Hell, I'm sure that the cesspool of Nashville public schools lets a Jeremiah Johnson like yourself work every day, bear infestations, blizzards, tornadoes and whatnot.

12. Unimane

I don't feel I owe you an excuse, I just find it hilarious that your certainty about me is, without fail, 100% wrong every time.

13. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

every single time. You don't owe me anything and I assume we've made that clear, so stop with all the excuses and general crap. Just stick to your knee jerk silliness - about which you owe no apologies.

14. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Have to jump into a meeting but will reply to this in a bit.

15. Unimane

No shit, we're arguing about degree here. You say it's far apart and I say it's closer. For someone who deigns to regularly comment on others' intelligence, it's taking you ****ing forever to grasp a concept that doesn't exactly require a Mensa membership.

16. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

hey dumbass, the comment started at degree. Did you notice that my comment on degree was where you started with your special brand of stupid? Is that a gov't employee Jeremiah Johnson type requirement?

The next time you think you're the smart one in a conversation, you should step away and take a gov't sponsored nap, about which you owe no explanations.

17. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

would love to play, but I have a conf call at my non govt job and you have a nap to preside over. Toodles.

18. Unimane

Yes, and that was my comment on the issue, that I disagreed with your determination on the degree. This isn't hard. I'm also not the one initiating penis measuring contests about "who's the smart one in the conversation". You seem to need that distinction, so, in teacher fashion, I'll send you a certificate, gold sticker or whatever they're giving out to fourth graders these days to give them some kind of validation.

19. Unimane

As it so happens, I also have class to teach in a minute, so adios.

By the way, your capitalist ass is welcome that your workers, co-workers, whatever aren't drooling morons.

20. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Well that escalated quickly.