The Indy Talks To Himself (NBA) Thread.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by GahLee, Oct 27, 2012.

1. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

All four of whom are infinitely more self absorbed and egotistical.

2. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

Lebron haters, you need to remember one thing. You are sharing the same side of an argument with Skip Bayless.

Let that sink in.

3. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Look how the media played up a guy like Jason Williams, America loves to see the white guy do well in a black mans sport. If said white player was the best, people would flock to defend him. He'd still have his detractors, sure but it wouldn't be any different than the mass amount of people who claim Eminiem is the best rapper ever.

4. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Sometimes people are just douchey-assed, emotionally weak, flailingly floppy floppers who both invent and stoke their own public persona, only to then bemoan the scrutiny and criticism which such naturally causes to occur.

And sometimes that person is a woman.

Sometimes they're one of The Gays.

Sometimes they're white.

Sometimes they're Democrats.

Sometimes they like grilled cheese.

5. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Michael Jordan got cut from the high school varsity as a sophomore. Larry Bird spent his freshman year in college quitting at Indiana. Magic Johnson was considered a slightly better prospect among Michigan high schoolers than Kevin Nash. To act as if any of those three had anywhere near the buildup of LeBron James is to show a lack of factual knowledge.

6. GahLee

No they weren't. Not to the degree that LeBron was. Rob Thorn didn't even believe that Jordan could change a franchise in 1984. So I highly doubt people thought he was going to be the greatest ever.

7. Tenacious D

I can't argue that, not knowing any of them.

And yet, I do know that they didn't give themselves nicknames, declare themselves to be a "global icon" or had the gall to exhibit their particular bent of military-grade prima-donna narcissism in a one-hour televised special.

8. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Not really. It points out that you're not worth it, seeing how your track record shows you usually being blatantly wrong.

9. GahLee

Magic hosted a nightly one hour show to himself.

10. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Jordan/Wizards

[​IMG]

11. GahLee

Odd that you bring it out any time you're obviously talking out of your ass and trying to push an idiotic agenda. Which is a lot.

12. Tenacious D

Jordan = Wrong (he was cut from varsity...as a frosh).
    "They discovered Jordan before any other ACC program thanks to a tip from the athletic director in his county. They made landing Jordan their top priority when he dominated at Smith’s basketball camp the summer before his senior year. And they out-recruited the likes of Maryland, South Carolina, Duke and NC State after other schools became aware of Jordan’s talent when he emerged as the best player at the prestigious Five-Star Camp in Pittsburgh later that summer."
    Link: http://elitedaily.com/sports/north-carolina-recruited-michael-jordan/

Magic: Wrong
    Johnson, who finished his high school career with two All-State selections, was considered at the time to be the best high school player ever to come out of Michigan[22] and was also named to the 1977 McDonald's All-American team. Although Johnson was recruited by several top-ranked colleges such as Indiana and UCLA, he decided to play close to home.
    Link: Wiki

Bird = Wrong
    He chose Indiana, but was heavily recruited, including by Crum at Louisville

Were any of three as highly sought after as Lebron? Probably not.

Do they meet the moniker of "teenage superstar"? Absolutely, and by any standard.

And what has Lebron endured that Kobe hasn't? What has Lebron accomplished that Kobe hasn't, for that matter? And I'm no Kobe fan, either, just to cut off that pass.

13. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
  14. Tenacious D

Have you really become so desperate as to actually list Thorn's passing on Jordan in the draft as being proof FOR your argument?

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

magic was 19 when he was drafted #1 overall by the lakers.

16. GahLee

He drafted Jordan.

17. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I think Jordan is an a-hole, degenerate gambler, and had babies with multiple women. Bird, watch a couple of videos of bird and Dr J, ask whats his name from the clippers what he thinks about Magic, and Tiger is still recovering from the stuff that went down with him.

I like them all by the way. Although I don't think I would like to hang out with Jordan

18. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I was listening to someone recently, I can't remember who, but he was saying that if Bird were black, he'd just be average. (Something to that effect)

19. GahLee

Barkley and Rodman said that years ago, not sure they said he would be average just that he wouldn't be known as an all-time great.

20. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Isaiah Thomas.....that pic of him and Byrd is the press conference to address the comments.