The Indy Talks To Himself (NBA) Thread.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by GahLee, Oct 27, 2012.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

it was rodman and thomas. and i'm not sure thomas really believed it rather than just backing up a teammate.

2. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Oh, shit. Magic made a couple of all state teams and the McDonald's game. So did Felipe Lopez. At the same age Larry Bird was working on a garbage truck between IU and ISU, LeBron was starting every night in the NBA. Michael Jordan was the third best player on his college team as a freshman. Know what LeBron was doing at the same age? Starting every night in the NBA. LeBron was on the cover of Sports Illustrated as a high school player. Nobody outside recruitniks gave a shit about other three before they started playing in college. They sure as hell weren't SI coverboys at 17 or 18.

Kobe wasn't even the most highly regarded high school guy of his era. Garnett was.

3. hatvol96

Oh, shit. Magic made a couple of all state teams and the McDonald's game. So did Felipe Lopez. At the same age Larry Bird was working on a garbage truck between IU and ISU, LeBron was starting every night in the NBA. Michael Jordan was the third best player on his college team as a freshman. Know what LeBron was doing at the same age? Starting every night in the NBA. LeBron was on the cover of Sports Illustrated as a high school player. Nobody outside recruitniks gave a shit about other three before they started playing in college. They sure as hell weren't SI coverboys at 17 or 18.

Kobe wasn't even the most highly regarded high school guy of his era. Garnett was.

4. Thanks Bleacher Report!

5. hatvol96

I want to see one of those lists. My guess is that it will not paint the picture he wants.

6. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Try Forbes. Hell, just a quick Google should return more hits than you could read in a lifetime.

7. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

A lot of the unfair criticism LeBron gets is due to the legacy of Jordan evolving over the years. It seems that nobody is even allowed to challenge him for GOAT.

And Jordan doesn't go 6-0 in NBA finals if he plays 3 series against the Spurs teams LeBron has played.

8. hatvol96

Yeah, Forbes is always high on my reading list when I think sports.

9. hatvol96

Took your advice. Glad I did. LeBron James is nowhere to be found on Forbes 2013 list of the 10 most hated athletes. Thanks for continuing to prove you are blissfully clue free on this issue.

10. hatvol96

Chicago's first champion doesn't beat Dallas and would have been a toss up against Oklahoma City.

11. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I'm far too young to remember, but I'll take your word for it.

Do you think LeBron is the best ever? Just curious.

12. hatvol96

Doesn't appear to be on the 2012 list, either.

13. hatvol96

No, but he has plenty of time left to make the case.

14. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I think one of the silliest ideas in sports is the idea that is better to be perfect in championship games/series than it is to get there a few more times and lose some. Playing in five Super Bowls and winning three is more impressive than playing in three Super Bowls and winning three. Same thing applies in basketball.

15. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Fair enough.

16. DirtyVol

DirtyVol New Member

Agree on Dallas cause Dirk would have been a nightmare for them to defend. Think they could beat Okc in 6 games. Jordan is quick enough to guard Westbrook and Pippen is long enough to guard Durant but I don't see those guys being strong enough to stop Bulls on offense. Plus Jackson is 100x better coach than Brooks.

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

When magic won the national championship and was drafted #1 overall he was 19. That one year means you can be a complete douchebag I guess.

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Hat's dealing from the Peyton manning apologist deck liberally. A) teammates let him down, b) lost to a great team. Next thing is to post his regular season stats.

VolinAsheville likes this.
  19. hatvol96

Where did I say anything about his teammates? Lebron's numbers in The Finals speak for themselves. I'll leave analyzing the rest of those guys and the value of their performance to Pat Riley. He seems to have a pretty good handle on such things. Also, comparing the Spurs to the Saints team Manning lost to is doubling down on stupid to a level heretofore unseen from even you.

20. hatvol96

By the end of his second season, Magic Johnson had demanded to be traded to Detroit, gotten a coach fired, created a riff with Norm Nixon, and choked like a dog in getting run from the Playoffs by a Houston team with a losing record. Seems like he ran up plenty of douchebag points in a short period. He certainly didn't need anyone kissing his pompous ass any earlier to create one of the biggest egomaniacs in sports history.