GrantLand Article

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by GahLee, Sep 17, 2014.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

What makes them think this? Have they seen him punching kittens in his room when he thinks he is alone? I am of the opinion that unless you are an ******* in public and private, people always think you have ulterior motives and cannot possibly be a ray of sunshine when you are behind closed doors.

EDIT: Not saying Butch could not possibly an ******* in private. I don't know him. Just speaking in generalities (which are normally a bad idea, I know).

2. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

He's recruiting well. Worst case he's stocking shelves,

3. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Just like Florida fans and Urban?

4. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

As far as you know. :)

"Winning isn't everything it's the only thing".

5. GahLee

So if shit hits the fan here, you expect to see him flip?

6. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

After #ddiapos, I really like where the worst case scenario has gone under Butch

7. GahLee

God help us if so.

8. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

The main columnist for the Cincinnati Enquirer began to refuse to call him by his nickname and referred to him by his given name after about a year and a half. He did so because he said he didn't want to help perpetuate a fraud. The other coaches at UC generally didn't buy his schtick. Guys who have been around as long as Cronin know snake oil salesmen when they see one.

9. GahLee

Same. At the very least there will be talented team and a more cohesive fan base inherited by whoever follows him. I want wins and want them now but if I had to, I suppose I could settle for that.

10. hatvol96

Meyer didn't save anything. LSU had been in the sewer for a decade when Saban showed up. Florida had "suffered" through all of three merely decent seasons.

11. limpleg

limpleg He gone. No, really.

I know. just pointing out he said he hated clichés, then used a couple. just messing around

12. GahLee

Guess I'm just not too concerned with what others think. When he gives me a reason to pile on, I will. Until then he can use whatever phrase he wants as long as the recruits keep coming and the wins follow.

13. limpleg

so now Butch is a snake oil salesman? goodness. that is disappointing to hear

14. hatvol96

Yeah, he's almost as bad as the basketball coach who had sheep like you duped til he blew himself up.

15. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

Lots of former players seem to like him. Witten,Peyton,Swain etc...

16. GahLee

We've seen how quickly a program can fall by not hiring the right guy. If Urban fell flat Florida could be looking like UT with a decade long run of incompetence. Given the Zook years and the horror that has been the Muchamp era, you'd think they'd fawn over him. Not so much.

17. hatvol96

Everyone except the Fulmer Wailing Wall Crowd was fine with Kiffin. As long as you simply let those guys be around it and feel important, they'll be good with you. They don't have to work with the guy. They just know he lets them show up and relive their days as BMOC at practice and games.

18. GahLee

C'mon now.

19. limpleg

Still filled with hate at your age is flat out silly. I just don't seem to get jealous of others, or bring up shit from 6 yrs ago to try and make a point in a thread about Butch. My question is, did you mention any of this to Butch when you spoke to him?
    I didn't think so.

20. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Weird game. Crowd was dead early with the weather and early KO. Then Crompdaddy lit UGA up. I remember the UGA fans exiting rather early.

Good times.