Denico Autry to Mississippi State

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by LawVol13, Dec 13, 2011.

1. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

2. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

You guys need to pipe down. According to std18, if you keep it up, Dooley will lose several more commitments. This page will be in the recruiting packet for rival coaches to hand out. If you just lie and say everything is [uck fay]ing awesome than Dooley would get any player he wanted.

3. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Did you think Jacobs was a scrub when he was a Vol commit?

4. Tar Volon

Don't worry about it. PMs were disabled, so nobody knows about the 8th, and it thus cannot be used for negative recruiting.

5. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

2003, 2006, 2008 were not top 15 classes just in the last 10 years.

6. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

I comprehend just fine. You're a suck. You were a Bruce Pearl suck. Now, you're a Dooley suck. Try to couch it however you want. Your complaints about his on field coaching are simply a way to keep from looking like a total imbecile for jumping on Dooley's train. You are nothing more than an exhibit of the kind of idiocy that led to the creation of this place. Period.

7. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

No shit, that guy is an idiot. He should blame the real reason recruits don't want to play at UT. It's not the message boards. Why would a coach need to hand out message board material when he can just hand a kid the copy of the UK game?

8. Unimane

Yes. I only cared about him if he brought Autry. Since he didn't, then I could've cared less about him. I would prefer a Korven or Tomlinson over him. JUCOs either need to be potential starters from day one or you pass. Otherwise, it's wasted time and effort.

9. hatvol96

Hey, according to the many of the geniuses over there, we already got Bruce Pearl fired. Might as well take Dooley out, too.

10. hatvol96

The Kentucky game is only negative because our fanbase keeps harping on it. If we just sit back and trust in Dooley, it'll all be fine.

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I agree with both sides here. I don't think Damien Jacobs was a sure thing and losing him isn't the end of the world.

That said, the staff wanted him quite a bit and despite having him committed for months ended up outside his top 2 on the day that mattered. That says something.

12. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

What kills me is the group that thinks keeping Dooley was important for recruiting. "If we fire him now, our class will fall apart." I guess A&M firing their coach and hiring Sumlin has just killed recruiting. No way they get Otis Jacobs back. Oh wait...

13. Tar Volon

At least you're consistent. But the fact that the coaches are going so desperately after JuCos should tell you something about our current predicament

14. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I can only find back to 2002 on Rivals, but we've had 3 classes outside of the top 15 since 2002 (2003-#18, 2006-#23, and 2008-#35) all of which were Fulmer's classes.

Breaking new ground was not my point though. My point was how well Dooley (and staff) has been on getting kids to come here having gone through historic back to back losing seasons.

15. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

So I shouldn't have the first fear than in the next 45ish days that other coaches aren't going to come in and change other recruits minds as well?

Only days I care about recruiting are signing days. Other than that you are dealing with the egos and thought processes of 17-19 year old boys. Please excuse me that given all that has transpired since September 1 that I'm a tad bit skeptical that this entire class is going to stay together as is.

Then again, if our class is top 10 but 5th in the SEC, then frankly that doesn't do much for me either.

16. Unimane

I never liked the Dooley hire in the first place, so, once again, you make up shit that isn't true once again. Sorry if your bullying, lying bullshit doesn't work on me like the rubes on the other site who masturbate to pictures of Johnny Majors and make moonshine on the weekends.

Hell, just in this thread you inferred that I thought our defense was dominant, that Hood was dominant, neither of which I came close to saying. You didn't address my distinction about the need for DEs over DTs because you either can't or won't handle nuance and analysis beyond a few absolutes.

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

All those classes, as I'm sure you noticed, came just after bad seasons.

18. Tar Volon

I'm a huge fan of Justin Wilcox, and I think our class would fall apart with out him and Sirmon. Now could a great recruiter come in and put it back together? Yeah, sure. That's kinda why they're great recruiters.

19. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Actually 08 came after the last SEC East title.

20. hatvol96

Didn't you hear? Phil Fulmer, Lane Kiffin, no natural recruiting base, negative fans, poor cafeteria food, etc., etc. "Stability" is our only hope.