Denico Autry to Mississippi State

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by LawVol13, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I never said Dooley didn't want him, I just said I didn't give a shit if we got him. Dooley wants Blanc, too, which I have no idea why. I just don't think Jacobs is worth a scolly and isn't any better than anyone we have now, or even as good. People [itch bay]ed about losing Edwin Herbert three years ago, another four star JUCO, but he didn't do shit, either.

I do want McCullars, so that IS a loss if we don't get him. As for Jacobs, eh, big deal. I think there are some here who want to see it as some sort of statement about Dooley when it's really just the loss of a mediocre football player. If Dooley wants to coach beyond next year, he'll need to pull in better guys than Jacobs, guys like O'Brien and McCullars (or Kirven or Tomlinson).

2. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

You better hang around here. That kind of rational analysis will get you banned elsewhere.

3. Unimane

You must have some different definition of "carry water" when I say the best scenario for us is if Dooley gets fired next year. Of course, that would be consistent with you just making shit up and thinking it's true because of your overarching narcissism.

4. Unimane

Yes, criticizing our roster for only having serviceable DTs and then saying we screwed up by not adding another serviceable one is brilliant analysis.

5. hatvol96

I'm not sure I would call it personal adversity. The kid had his opportunities limited by being in the wrong place at the wrong time. There was never any indication he was a troubled kid. Kiffin did exhaustive homework before they extended the offer.

6. hatvol96

You're the one operating under the delusion that what we have are serviceable defensive tackles. Serviceable is a huge upgrade over guys like Hood.

7. Unimane

And, so why we would we want a JUCO who's no better than Hood? Is Hood going to be lonely sitting with the third stringers? Does he need someone to talk to?

And, when the [uck fay] did Damien Jacobs become the most critical player in our recruiting class?

8. hatvol96

I wouldn't want anyone who isn't better than Hood. Don't know of anyone UT has been involved with in this cycle who isn't better. Sadly, our KMART brand coach isn't pulling in enough of them to relegate Hood to scout team status.

9. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Serious legal troubles as a juvenile relating to a sexual assault. He wasn't the actual perp, but was there when it happened.

10. Unimane

OK, so shouldn't we be happy that we didn't pull Jacobs? Let Florida waste the scholarship. Get McCullars or a decent pass rusher instead.

11. hatvol96

Who said that?

12. Unimane

Well, people are acting as if it's the worst thing ever or some kind of referendum for this class.

13. JayVols

I am a 98% poster here.

I can't handle the rose colored glasses outlook from the slurpers elsewhere. At least not in large doses.

14. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I have no problem with your personal opinion on D.Jacobs and what caliber of player he is, but you stand alone in thinking that he and Hood are on the same level. The majority of us feel that not only is D.Jacobs as good if not better than what we currently have on the roster but that at the very least he would have provided better depth for the rotation. D.Jacobs was certainly far from being the most critical player in this class, just a much needed body that we would have taken in a heart beat.

15. Unimane

Well, Hood is the third string DT, so, if Jacobs is better, it's still not saying he's anything better than a serviceable DT, which is something you pass on as a JUCO. He's not the only DT we're after and we're after better ones anyone, plus we have limited scholarships available as it is.

I think people only really wanted him because yesterday was a day in which a select group of kids was in the news and he was one of them. Quite frankly, in a week or two, he'll be forgotten because there are bigger fish out there, namely McCullars and others.

16. JayVols

Not splitting hairs, but if you are referring to my analysis I clearly said we DO NOT have an overall serviceable group of DT's.

You were complaining about posters suggesting that you said/claimed something that you didn't claim/say, yet you just did it with my post. I would take a serviceable DT any day of the week over the patchwork group there now.

If you were not referencing my 'analysis', disregard and continue the pissing contest.

17. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

When did Hood become the third string DT?

18. Unimane

Actually, that comment was part of the pissing contest. I would be way more tactful or ask for clarification with anyone else.

But, speaking of which, I do think the DTs are serviceable and Couch, even, is pretty good. I don't see Jacobs improving that group at all. Is that what you are referencing?

19. hatvol96

Which would you rather have? A serviceable guy with two years left or one you're stuck with for four? JUCOs are stopgaps.

20. JayVols

Better way of putting it, imo^^^^^^