Who will be the next OC?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Oldvol75, Jan 22, 2015.

1. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

He really and truly could've made a hire that made us elite again. Decided to stay in his comfort zone (i.e. 8-4 ceiling.)

2. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Perhaps Butch can find his old band instructor to give the title to since Jones is grateful for him putting Captain Cliché at 1st clarinet back in 1985.

3. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I'm thinking Worley could stay on coach QBs.

4. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Does it really matter?

5. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I repeat, who KNOWINGLY makes a hire so bad that you hide it from the recruits and national scrutiny until after NSD?

A: Only Tennessee

6. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

I'd take it.

7. OrangeBlood79

OrangeBlood79 Contributor

The timing is an indictment in and of itself.

Extremely underwhelming hire. Continuity is definitely something to strive for within any given profession but continuity for continuity's sake reeks of a lack of imagination and deterrence from seeking the highest qualified candidate(s), simply because you are not familiar with said candidate.

Still...I expect to win 9 this year.

8. Cameltoes

Cameltoes Contributor

So very sad.

And so very true.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Nick Sheridan, a GA coming with DeBord from Michigan

10. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Didn't you hear? DeBord of course, relying on his two yrs experience at powerhouse Fort Hayes some thirty yrs ago. Don't worry Jones' got it all under control. You know BSIA and all

11. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Sheridan was also here last year. He was QB coach at WKU and USF in 2012 and 2013 so I guess you could do worse.

For instance, hiring DeBord to do it.

12. Cameltoes

Cameltoes Contributor

Maybe Butch is starting a new trend. He's hiring DeBord as the Niche OC. He will only be responsible for calling plays once we're inside the 5 yard line. What was old is new again. DeBord has been out of football for so long that nobody will remember how to defend against the plays he'll call. Brilliant!

13. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[​IMG]

A GA to coach the single most important position on your offense (no offense, OV)? I cannot believe that. That is just too ludicrous to imagine.

14. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Seems about par for the course

15. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Come now, he has DeBord as his mentor

16. Cameltoes

Cameltoes Contributor

At least he'll be young enough to translate what the old as heck guy is saying.

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

**** this shit.

18. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Butch Jones is gonna Butch Jones.

Fornicate him.

19. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Yep.

20. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Yep. I guess it comes down to what Tenny stated (and elucidated) earlier in this thread: "Tennessee goin' to Tennessee."