Racism is alive at The University of Oklahoma.

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by VolDad, Mar 8, 2015.

1. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I have no words...

NORMAN, Okla. – A video that is making its way around the internet appears to show a local university singing a racist chant.

In the video, you can hear the Sigma Alpha Epsilon fraternity cheering “there will never be a nig*** in SAE.”

The chant goes on to say, “you can hang them from a tree, but they’ll never sign with me.”

Warning: The video below contains graphic language.

[video=youtube;dG-wq6SJqjU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dG-wq6SJqjU[/video]

2. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

It takes a real scumbag to say something like that. I'm sure they all had some liquid confidence flowing through their veins

3. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Sucks to be their President right now.

4. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

i suspect that it is not the first time they sang it; they knew the words too well.

5. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

deplorable

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

It is there, lurking just out of public view. I know we get into about "boy who cried wolf" stuff, but this is still the world we live in.

7. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

we will never live in a world without idiots.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That's a nice way of saying racist dumbasses

9. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

sorry, wasn't trying to be nice, just didn't want to leave any other idiots out.

10. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Great performance. I think they should perform it pregame in the locker room before an OU football game. I'm sure it would be well received and wouldn't result in severe injuries.

11. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

and racists. The entire idea of killing it is absurdity.

We clique amongst all white people, whether it be around universities, state lines, career choice, befriending certain people, hobbies...etc...etc...etc...and on and on and on...and on and on and on...and on and on and on...

12. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

these guys were dumbasses, but the idea that we're going to eradicate their worldview by shouting them down or making their view detestable is ludicrous. People aren't going to stop gravitating to like kind. What people choose to rally around is different for everyone and we all discriminate based upon something.

13. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

14. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I agree.

16. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

They have same right to be racist, as I do to call them ignorant *******s.

17. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

This is where I tend to lean.

18. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Exactly. Never going to get rid of it, but I can point and mock it and would hope others would do the same.

19. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Allegedly the UT-Austin campus has done the same chant.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't pretend to know much about frats, but I doubt this was anything extraordinarily bizarre for them to do. Last year an Arkansas frat got in trouble for serving a MLK dinner of fried chicken, water melon, and grape drink, which was obviously an insult (although it sounds kinda good to me). Not that frats only do stupid things when it comes to race. Or only stupid things. Just saying I don't think for a second this OU frat chapter was a unique little white power snowflake.