Geno Auriemma Says Men's Game Almost Unwatchable

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Unimane, Apr 1, 2015.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I willfully left the pause screen up on my video game the other night rather than flip on the Lady Vols game while I was cooking dinner

3. JohnnyQuickkick

I mean hell, I wouldn't even watch it if they played nekkid. Actually that would probably make it even less likely.

4. JohnnyQuickkick

However, if he wanted to bring his Husky Ladies down here to play Fulton High School's boys team, I'd pay to see that, just to settle that idiotic argument once and for all.

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Owner of Chinese Restaurant says Mexican Food is horrible, news at 11!

In all seriousness, eh, he knows where his bread is buttered. I think the women's game has actually regressed from the 90's version, or at best it hasn't progressed. I still see a ton of out-of-control play, dribbling off of the feet, air balls, etc. And while you see this in the men's game, I don't think it is nearly as bad.

Both games continue to be (the women's side) or have become extremely (men's side) top heavy.

NOTE: I am a very casual watcher and just watch the tournament if anything, so take what I say as the ignorance it is.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

He dumb.

7. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

8. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

He's just mad cause his balls are smaller.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Could you imagine the outcry if a men's coach said the same thing about the women's game?

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

the women's game was always unwatchable. the men's game definitely isn't as good as it used to be.

11. Cameltoes

Cameltoes Contributor

Dadgum. I felt the same way. Now I've got to change my mind because I refuse to agree with that d'bag on anything.

12. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Being within the same zip code as something else tends to improve the watchability IMO.

13. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Without governmental protection, they'd be about 40 women's basketball programs.

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

that high? how many women's programs even break even? 2? 3? now the pac-12 requires you have women's basketball to be a member, but that's a different argument.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Less. There'd be school clubs though.

16. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

I can't watch any sport involving women. Bored to tears. Men's college ball isn't as good as it was because the best players (typically) are off to the NBA after one year. It's infinetly better than any women's sport.

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Only women's sport i'll watch is ****ing.

18. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Ha!

19. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

1. He's full of shit.
    2. If you want to make the women's game even remotely more interesting to watch, make the court smaller and lower the goals.

Optional:
    1. Have the players wear Nickelodeon Moon Shoes.
    2. Replace the current players with attractive coeds and play shirts vs. skins or skins vs. skins with colored arm bands too differentiate between the two teams.

20. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

He's also got quite a set of balls to make claims like his when his sport only has one team who can, seemingly, win anything. I mean, sure, he must be a good coach, but how many undefeated seasons does he need before someone realizes that the problem may be that everyone else is so shitty rather than him being so good?