Geno Auriemma Says Men's Game Almost Unwatchable

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Unimane, Apr 1, 2015.

1. Butthole

Butthole Chieftain

Is this one of his excuses for not joining the men?

2. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Agree. Not enough layups.

3. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Good stuff.

4. GahLee

He has a monopoly on the women's game, everyone knows it. I think he's just trying to drum up some interest. Women's basketball is so bad that they have to give home sites to high seeds in the tournament just to ensure that more than just family members show up. Even then it looks like a high school setting.

5. GahLee

Who doesn't enjoy watching set shots and layups?

6. GahLee

Co-worker said he thinks UCONN's women's team could beat some men's teams. I told him that UT scrimmages against boys high school teams and they get waxed and that's with provisions in place so it isn't completely unfair, then I told him these boys teams they're playing aren't even any good and he should refrain from talking sports ever again.

7. GahLee

I can watch Serena play, but that because I'm thinking about watching her play this sport you just referred to.

8. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I finally decided if you had to have this argument with someone, there was no point in arguing with them.

9. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I used to think that the Lady Vols could possibly beat the Men. Then I turned 7.

10. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I don't understand why people feel the need to have this argument (on one side or the other). It seems pretty silly to me. Much like the Rhonda Rousey argument (which I took part in, hypocritically). They are different sports that happen to look alike and play by many of the same rules.

We don't compare womens' softball to the baseball team. If you enjoy women's basketball, watch it. If you don't, don't. I don't watch it that much, as the game seems to have regressed. And it isn't fun watching elite eight games where the score is 91-59.

11. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I think it's more ideology driven than anything. You're just a sexist pig, if you don't agree.

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Generally fans of women's softball don't give us a bunch of garbage about how it's better than baseball. All the it's an "under the rim" game that focuses on fundamentals bullshit.

13. JohnnyQuickkick

that's the root of it for me. women's softball is what it is, without feeding us the bullcrap

14. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

But women's softball is different enough from baseball for them not to have too. However the only difference in basketball is the abilities between women and men.

15. JohnnyQuickkick

And the ball, and a few other minor things, but you're right

16. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

that small ball is an enormous difference.

17. salutethehill

salutethehill Member

Really? I've never heard of this.

18. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

and he can't even claim to have put the sport on the map, even tenuously, as Summitt can.

It's the least competitive collegiate sport there is.

19. JohnnyQuickkick

Dave Serrano begs to differ

20. JohnnyQuickkick

there's not as many of those people around as there used to be but they're out there