Geno Auriemma Says Men's Game Almost Unwatchable

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Unimane, Apr 1, 2015.

1. salutethehill

salutethehill Member

I mean the scrimmage. The LVs scrimmaged HS boys teams?

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

i don't know about that, but they have always routinely practiced against guys, who aren't allowed to play above the rim

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I've tried to argue this, but the women's bball homers try to tell me it's just a completely different game and it's absurd to compare the two. of course, it's a completely different game because women's physical skills pale in comparison, but I digress.

4. salutethehill

salutethehill Member

I can stomach LV softball. They're obviously not trying to be something they're not - plus they look like ladies, which is nice.

Women's bball is a whole different story.

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

most women softball players in my experience look like short fat dudes.

6. salutethehill

salutethehill Member

I mean, sure, they got some thighs.

I actually just looked at some photos on google images at LV softball and LV basketball and realized how racist I am. Carry on.

7. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

That pretty much sums it up. He has been dominate for a long time in the female division. It hasn't and never will get the run that the mens division does, for obvious reasons. And Im sure on a personal level he doesn't like that.

By comparison, his argument is silly and idiotic. That said, I wouldn't expect him to say anything else. Like Droski said, its not as good as it used to be. But its not even a legit argument by comparison.

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

it's like telling me that Spago isn't as good as it once was and then telling me I should go eat at the olive garden because it's better than ever.

9. Beechervol

Exactly.

10. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

there's more likely to be attractive ones than in basketball. HD didn't help that sport much though.

11. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Jay is a coach, not a player.

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

big boned. . . big boned

13. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Unless it has changed, Coach Summit had the Lady Vols scrimmage against ex-high school players that were enrolled at UT.

14. Beechervol

She did. A good friend of mine went to school up there in the late 90's and was apart of that. His mother was a good friend of Pat's growing up.

15. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Those boys bled orange. Probably would've beaten the men's team too. Would like to have had em on the offensive line.

16. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Did they ever decide what sex Brittany Griner is?

17. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

[​IMG]

18. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

I think ducking the Olympics guarantees that Griner is both/neither, depending on your take.

19. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Getting back to the thread title, Geno has certainly no right to call men's bb unwatchable when most of his games a boring lopsided blowouts.

20. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

I feel obligated to point out that he specifically mentioned how his women's games are more unwatchable than the men's -- as noted in the final couple sentences of the article.