Alabama to go after Gregg Marshall

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Volsfan31, Mar 23, 2015.

1. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

The pride of Highway 72.

2. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Ha. Surprisingly nice little town. Blew my mind they had a Patagonia store downtown.

3. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

At least our AD doesn't release moronic statements like this acknowledging rejection:

4. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Next time you are there hit up The Dixie grill. Old school burger joint. Delicious!

5. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Why is it moronic to show that you have a level of commitment to success that leads you to pursue a Gregg Marshall?

6. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

This is how I feel about it. Let me know you are aiming high. I will feel better knowing the guy turned us down than the old "We got the first guy we wanted" schpeel. If the next guy doesn't like that, he is ignorant.

7. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

agreed. Hell, that's what I want ours to say.

On second thought, I want ours to say "I'm out."

8. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Because then you can't pretend that the guy who was boarding a plane to Colorado was your first choice. That always sells, you know.

9. InVolNerable

"We got rejected. Let it be known that when we come interview you, you were definitely not our first choice. We're settling for you because our first choice turned us down."

10. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I imagine the coaching community is pretty tight and they all know what is going on. But, meh, whatever. I am tired of hiring coaches anyway, and I hope we don't have to hire one anytime soon. Though Baseball might be in need of one if Serrano doesn't get it turned around.

11. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I wrote basically the same thing trying to illustrate the stupidity of that position. I think I might have failed.

12. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Alabama has had a vacancy for a couple of weeks now. If a coach is just now hearing from them, he can pretty damn well bet that not only is he not their first choice, but he's probably not their third, fourth, or fifth choice either.

13. InVolNerable

It's stupid to make a public announcement telling people you failed. Goes for you and the Alabama AD.

14. hatvol96

I'm sure the Steve Prohms and Richard Pitinos of the world aren't dumb enough to think a school with the resources to chase a Gregg Marshall would consider them option one. Welcome to the real world.

15. hatvol96

Sometimes, it's best to simply best to let nonsense stand on its own.

16. hatvol96

"We have a zillion dollar reserve and we just hired our first choice, the coach at Murray State." Yeah, that screams success. Let me guess, you're the guy who asks the chick who looks like Dan Blocker out to keep from "failing" with a more desirable option.

17. hatvol96

Don't inject reality and logic. You are just admitting failure.

18. InVolNerable

You're the guy who gets on top of the bar and announces that you just got rejected, but you're going to do your best to nail the best chick that will settle for you.

Nothing screams success like unnecessarily announcing your failures.

19. hatvol96

Nothing screams loser like hiring a mid major nobody and being such a spineless coward that you try to sell them as choice one when everyone knows better. Keep playing it safe and worrying about what people think of you. It'll serve you real well in life. You'll get the safe mediocrity that mentality deserves. The Alabama job is infinitely more attractive to coaches today than it was yesterday because they showed they are serious.

20. InVolNerable

Go out and hire somebody that isn't a mid-major loser than. You can do that without letting everyone know you're not good enough to get who you really wanted.

So don't care about what other people think about you. That is unless they don't think you're serious. If that's the case then people have to think you're serious , so you need go out and make an announcement about how you failed but you're really are super serious about getting a coach.