The holy word with IP

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Feb 28, 2013.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

I can see how in your twisted world view, if you are not for the lords you are freeloading. It's sick, but consistent.

2. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

No but I'm not the one disingenuous on this. It happens through investments and not just by the rich.

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

it's twisted and sick to respect more those who are giving to society rather than taking? ok

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

the money multiplier for investments by the rich is far higher than by say the govt and many multiples higher than consumer spending by the poor. Obama's own economic advisors have published papers that show this. IP would know this if he bothered to look at the numbers. He's exactly what he claims all the climate deniers are. The "why aren't we all rich!" argument is exactly the same as the "if it's snowing is boston, global warming is bs!" argument. Except the fact that the current president has done nothing to encourage investment and everything to make us govt dependent.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2015
  5. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

But anyone can invest so it isn't some private class that is limited. Plus the rich is always changing and isn't royalty

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Whoa there, "not just by the rich?" So it isn't trickling "down"?

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't think someone's finances have anything to do with whether they are giving or taking. You clearly do.

8. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

You're the one that likes Class conflict. The heavier lifting is done by the wealthier, as they can afford to gamble more on risky investments. However anyone can buy stocks or bonds, it isn't exclusive.

The reason you don't believe in trickle down is that you want the rich assets taken by force and spent the way that you want and believe in for society.

9. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

The issue becomes when someone is taking another's property by force, and given to someone else.

I don't think someones finances has a thing to do with their worth as a human.

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

when it comes to the govt and economics? seriously?

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't want trickle down? I'd love for it to rain potatoes and everyone be happy. That doesn't make it so. If trickle down worked, we wouldn't still be having these discussions because we tried it. And tried it. And tried it.

I don't like class warfare, but I don't like a group of people rigging the system in their favor, extracting value from infrastructure and societies while whining about how hard they have it because of their tax rate-- all while they continue to flourish.

12. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

We've tried it and tried it while becoming the most powerful and richest nation on earth. A horrible waste land that has caused our poor to be relatively rich on a global scale.

I'm also against how our current system is heading because of crony-capitalism and want free enterprise.

13. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

http://www.wsj.com/articles/why-liberals-hate-kansas-1406675335

Doesn't really sound like hitting the ditch.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Right, they're totally fine. The budget crisis is an illusion. Why don't you check something from the last month or so, and see what has happened since this piece was written to counter the naysayers in 2014? The deficit and projected deficit are both much higher than expected. You would argue "but there is still growth," but I can argue on superior logical footing "there's still a deficit." No one cares if I earn a little more money than last month if I continually fail to pay my bills.

They'll start making deeper education cuts next. Not the sort of state I'd want to live in.

15. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

You mean the ones that expired 12/31/2013?

16. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

In terms of finances:

High Income Tax Payers are givers

Those on Public Assistance are takers

I understand; you clearly don't.

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

ding ding ding ding

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Isn't the question as to whether they are in the crisis BECAUSE of the tax cuts rather them being in a crisis?

19. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Kansas has a 4.2 unemployment rate. Pretty much a no brainer that their job growth is slowing.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on Illinois and the national debt since this seems to be bothering you.

20. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club