Noisy Neighbors

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by utvol0427, Jun 3, 2015.

1. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

In that case, I'd get my guitar and amp with a 12" cab speaker and crank it to 10 before I went to work, just letting the shrieking sound of feedback distort their ears for the next 8-10 hours.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Now we are getting somewhere.

3. GahLee

That or I'd start doing routine target practice in my backyard.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I met a guy I now consider one of my best friends due to noisy neighbors. My wife lived in Knoxville Place sophomore year (I think it's called Vol Hall now and Tennessee owns it). Anyways, third week of the semester, three guys were blaring John Mayer and Dashboard Confessional around 11 pm on a Tuesday night. I asked them to turn it down, they said sure and turned it up louder after I walked off.

I'm thinking I'm going to have to get in a fight to get this God forsaken music to get turned down. I start to go back over there to tell them to turn it down when I see another guy come out of his apartment across the hallway. He has a baseball bat in one hand, a half drank beer in the other and Ray Bans on. He said, "Are you tired of that music, cause I am and I'm stopping it". I said go for it.

He knocks on the door, when one opens it, he bumrushes in and beats the shit out of their big speaker and their stereo. The speaker ended up in the hallway with him hammering on it with the bat.

I was laughing my ass off and the three others were just standing there saying they were going to call the cops. They called the cops and he ended up having to pay for the stereo but the music never got too loud after that.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I would ask them nicely one more time, then start being obnoxious.

Go find some stinkbombs, turn stray cats loose in their yard, throw a few hand fulls of nails in their yard or demo their stereo.

But I would give them one more chance.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I had a few dumb teenagers/early 20's move in across the street. They were pretty obnoxious the first week or so, but I didn't say anything. I had my son out with me checking the mail and the owner introduced himself. He apologized for being loud and said he didn't realize there were any young kids on the street and has been relatively quiet for the last 2 years.

7. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I'd thought about something similar, but don't want the rest of my neighbors to hate me. I have access to a speaker system designed for large events. Was going to crank it up as I left for work with some of the shrieking death metal music and let it blast them all day.

8. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

This is my plan. I'm going to talk to them one more time before I start acting like an *******, that way I can at least say I tried.

9. CardinalVol

Give the rest of the neighbors a heads up on it, tell them you are tired of this and want to solve the problem.

10. GahLee

I wouldn't play death metal. They may enjoy that. Maybe the theme to Barney or the SpongeBob theme, either of those on repeat would do the trick.

11. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Acting like anything but yourself takes too much effort. Borrow a friend's .22 and impale that iPhone.

12. CardinalVol

Play this, all day long

[video=youtube;wv4Utm-OJK8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wv4Utm-OJK8[/video]

13. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Step 1: Get karaoke machine.

Step 2: Download SportsTalk app

Step 3: Play morning show on full blast

Step 4: Profit

14. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Dude, poisoning a man's dog with antifreeze is one thing, but that is just cruel and unusual punishment and way out of line.

15. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Poisoning a man's dog is a good way to get killed.

16. CardinalVol

Letting your little dog yap late at night keeping my under 1 year old awake is a great way to let your dog get poisoned.

17. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

If you don't like to deal with neighbors, go live in the [dadgum] sticks. Otherwise, shut the **** up. Tired of whiney ass people.

18. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

I would blow your brains out without compunction.

19. CardinalVol

You'd also be reasonable enough to talk if I came over and asked you to just not let him be outside barking nonstop all day and night.

20. GahLee

12 hours of blaring music on a daily basis is bullshit.