Noisy Neighbors

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by utvol0427, Jun 3, 2015.

1. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

My first dog was a miniature Pinscher, neighbors little girl came into our yard and he got her on the leg, few days later my dog was dead. Vet said it was antifreeze. That was 25 years ago and it still pisses me off every time I think about it.

Edit-quoted the wrong post.

2. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

That is likely.

3. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

If my dogs on your property, he's fair game. If you mess with my dog on my property, I'd lose my shit.

4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I'd been pissed too.

I tried talking to the guy calmly and respectfully, I think twice. Dude was a jerk. I'm thinking his wife finally figured out the dog was pissing everybody off. I guess they got rid of it because it went away. Not sure why they ever had it honestly. I don't think asking a guy to just bring their dog in to not bark all night is unreasonable.

5. hatvol96

If a vet told me that, there would be a little girl and her parents laying mysteriously dead in the their house. **** with my dogs, either you or I die. No questions, no remorse.

6. hatvol96

Didn't have that piece of it. That is reasonable.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

My parents had a neighbor whose dogs were free roaming, and would often hang out in our yard or front field with our dogs (this wasn't a subdivision, but you could see the neighbor's house). It didn't really bother my mom, but annoyed my stepdad. He'd chase them off, but of course they'd come back.

Well, one of them had a serious limp from being hit by a car years ago, and my mom decided to take him in to the veterinarian. The dog was examined, x-rayed, etc. When she had the diagnosis and recommended treatment (surgery), she brought the dog back home and went and visited the neighbor to share the information and offer to split the cost of the surgery (exam and x-rays were paid for by mom, as a gift).

He. Flipped. His. Shit. All of a sudden, he was outraged about my family interacting with his dog, and started tying it up. That's what did it. Not getting hit by a car. Not spending all day at my parents' house (often in view of the neighbor), but rather my mother offering to pay for the dog's necessary medical care.

Of course, after a few months it blew over and the dog was hanging out in the yard again. People can be so scummy.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Little dogs are the most aggressive, but where is the threat? Outrageous on multiple levels.

9. CardinalVol

By the way, we had to put our mutt down about three months ago. Diabetes caused him to go deaf and blind.

10. CardinalVol

Perhaps I was going nuclear too soon, but I was beyond angry by the end. I would have rather poured antifreeze down the guys throat to be perfectly honest.

11. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

This is what is pissing me off the most about it. When my son can't get to sleep, the shit needs to be turned down.

12. CardinalVol

I understand. Trust me, I do.

13. GahLee

I was 5 years old so I hadn't honed my killing skills just yet.

14. GahLee

Brother-in-law breeds pit bulls, his neighbor had mutts that he let roam freely, BIL warned him to keep them out of his yard (fenced yard), he said those dogs had came and gone as they pleased since birth. Long story short, one got in the yard and was mangled to death. Dude came into my BIL'a yard and shot the dog right in the head right in front of him and his kids. I would have burned his house down.

15. GahLee

Lived in apartment complex when my first was born, neighbors above were loud at random times of the night and neighbors below liked to party 5 nights a week. I was fine with it when she was pregnant. She didn't mind either. Trying to get a baby to sleep with all that going on was near impossible. Downstairs neighbor didn't take much to convince keeping it down, upstairs neighbor had to have the cops come knocking.

16. GahLee

Seeing as how the bite was equivalent to a knee scrape and she was on our property I think it's really ****ed up what they did. Not only was it a miniature Pinscher but a pup at that.

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Thank god both my direct neighbors are friendly 80 year old retired people without dogs. I'll be hoping for them to live to 100 after reading this thread.

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I'm not a big dog guy, but both your stories make me stabby.

19. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

The stories here are the reasons why I just don't like dogs. Never enjoyed hearing their barking 24/7 growing up.

20. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Terrible. Equal parts heartbreaking and infuriating. Sometimes people are complete s**t. It's no wonder some value their pets more than (some) humans.