The Parenting Thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by volfanjo, Sep 8, 2012.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I wouldn't be at all surprised if he only said that as well two more words.

My wife will probably go back and work part time after the youngest starts school. She'll get too bored otherwise.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2015
  2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That was about it, she quits, **** you. I told her manager I wanted him to meet me when we turned in her stuff (she worked from home mostly) but he declined my offer

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

My wife will do something once both our in school, she just doesn't know what it will be.

4. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

My oldest starts her first day next week. I am way more nervous than she is.

5. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

First day of school here in Georgia. Crazy to think I've got a 2nd and 1st grader.

6. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

My oldest is in the 5th grade, meaning he starts Middle School next year. *sigh*

7. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

My wife was a SAHM for years before we bought our own business. She helps with our business now so she is working again but has a lot of flexibility which helps with sick kids and doctors appointments. When she was a SAHM we saved a shit ton of money since both our kids did not go to daycare. Now they are back in daycare but our oldest is going to kindergarten so that will help save some money which will be nice.

8. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Mine too. 1st day of 1st grade! He's going to "real school" now as he calls it. My wife took him up there and walked him to class which was definitely more for her than him. He was definitely nervous starting a new school but after we did the orientation last week he was excited.

9. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Mine does too. Our 6 year old spends probably 50% of his time in Nashville (with the grandparents) during the summer to avoid them going after each other. It's different now though since we have a 5 month old. Don't quite get that break like we used to.

10. CardinalVol

Day one went well. He got to play on the playground and they read a book about raccoons.

Side note, their school mascot is the raccoon. This will be good or bad.

11. NorrisAlan

Norris Elementary is the Owls. WHOO? The Owls! (I love Coach Ted Lasso)

12. CardinalVol

#gocoons

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Both my kids start kindergarten in two weeks after never having gone to daycare and always being watched by mom, dad, or grandma. One of them I'm pretty sure will be fine. The other is a little too attached to mommy and I'm pretty worried some meltdowns are a coming. I think it will be good for both of them long term though.

Don't know the kids mascot. Does that make me a bad father?

14. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

We're preparing for our 2nd in February. My wife works 16 hours per week currently, two days of childcare is $170 for my son. With a 2nd child, my wife will have to go back full time (ain't happnin) or become SAHM.

15. NorrisAlan

Child Services have been notified. Enjoy your jail time.

16. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

My wife solved the problem by taking a maternity leave that is now 5 1/2 years and counting.

17. CardinalVol

How dare you judge a SAHM. DOn't you read their blogs about how not to judge performance against another mom.

18. CardinalVol

Hmmmmm............the new Kindergarten teacher worked as a Butterfinger marketing person at Bonaroo one year........

Not sure how to take this one.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2015
  19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

My wife's elementary school mascot was the awesome possum

20. NorrisAlan

[​IMG]