The Parenting Thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by volfanjo, Sep 8, 2012.

1. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

My wife stays at home too. We had always planned for her to stay home so we saved $ while both of us worked (married for 7 yrs before having kids). We would certainly have more income if she did work but neither of us wanted the kids to be in daycare. I make good money (not great but enough for her to stay home) and she does her part by clipping coupons and shopping smart. Our oldest one just started 1st grade which is nice but she's got a 5 month old keeping her busy now.

2. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

My wife was always good about shopping smart as well. It's something she took pride in.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

My wife needs to be a celebrity's personal shopper. She can close her eyes, flip through a magazine and land on the most expensive item in there.

She can do it in a store too. Put a blindfold on her, let her walk around and I guarantee she'll stop in front of the most expensive item there.

4. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

This is my wife. "**** a bargain, jt5 is a provider". Tough gig she has juggling all those massages and pedicures.

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I was over at my brother in laws recently and he has his wife on a budget (she's a sahm) and she's taking about getting b 12 shots and we all think this is a horrible waste of money and she goes to the brother in law "it's in my budget. It's not your money. What do you care?" Of course every dime she spends is money he earned and it never occurred to her she could actually not spend every dime of her budget. Thank god my wife isn't like this. I wouldn't be able to handle it. She also had him buy her a $2,000 purse for Xmas and has told me multiple times how great of a deal it was. He knew what he was getting into when he married her though. Not suggesting your wife is similar btw

6. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I didn't know you recently had another one. Belated congrats!

7. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

My wife doesn't spend money. She just finds shit on Pinterest and has me build it. So technically I'm the one buying it, and then assembling it. All to have it sit and collect dust.

I've went through 34 pallets the last year or so. Pallet furniture is the wave of the future, baby.

8. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Thanks homie!

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

She's pretty good about not buying anything, she just manages to like the most expensive thing.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I've had to build quite a bit of pointless shit off of pinterest.

11. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Whoever started that site/app should get Ebola.

12. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

"Just say No!"

13. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

And she closes up the one thing that gets me out of bed each day.

14. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

It took all of two days for my wife to have the seasoned vet look dropping the kids off at school. Rocking the I'm going straight to the gym after this look hard. Looks like a pro.

15. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

In about a week she will barely be slowing down as she pushes the little brats out.

16. CardinalVol

She walks him to school. It's quicker to do that than it is to load them up and drive him there. He can walk to school through 7th grade. Pretty sweet deal.

17. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

My kids are now walking themselves to school, which is great. Makes the mornings a lot easier.

18. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Are you not worried that they'll be kidnapped or abducted on their walk to school? Why do you not love your kids?

19. CardinalVol

It is terrible. DCS on line 1.

I've got the yard the kids from the street over cut through. 7:20 every day, like clockwork.

20. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

just fire a shotgun into the air when they're walking thru