Fallout 4 Announced

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by govols182, Jun 3, 2015.

1. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Per Reveal trailer. Rumored to be a Holiday 15 release. PC to come early 2017.

2. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

I love this series.

3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

never played any of them

4. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

They are awesome games. New Vegas was just as good, if not better, than Fallout 3 IMHO.

5. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I played 3 but never finished it. For whatever reason it didn't hold my attention.

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Played 3 and thought it was alright. Didn't play new Vegas.

7. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

In the running for my favorite series.

Actually thinking of getting a system for this.

8. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

I love New Vegas.

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

The game looks exactly the same as 3.

10. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

[video=youtube;DaOgZwk9rN8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaOgZwk9rN8[/video]

11. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Is that good or bad?

12. TheSofaKing

TheSofaKing New Member

uhm, wut?

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Gameplay. Graphically I know it will be better, but the gameplay looks almost exactly the same. Maybe all wastelands just look similar? Just from watching a trailer last night, the gameplay and story looked almost the same as 3.

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I guess it depends how much change they include. I don't want to play a graphically updated version of the same game. GTA is always a good example of a game that is very similar with each new release, but always includes a few great new wrinkles that make it seem new. Hopefully this will be similar because my anticipation for its release had grown quite a bit before watching any of the trailers.

15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Where is it supposed to take place?

16. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Boston, I think.

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

That's correct.

18. TheSofaKing

TheSofaKing New Member

The combat is way different. It handles closer to COD than FO3/NV which were clunky. Only similarity there is the VATs system. You add in stuff like the base building and modding weapons and crafting.. it seems like the only similarities are the setting, key staples (VATs/PIPboys/attributes/perks/etc) and the fact its another open world game by rockstar.

I'm not sure what you mean though - do you think the gameplay in FO3 and NV are different? Obviously I think a Boston wasteland is going to resemble a DC wasteland way moreso than Vegas.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2015
  19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I never played NV. I haven't researched anything about the game. I was just saying that based off of the one extended video I watched about it, it looked like the same game.

20. TheSofaKing

TheSofaKing New Member

I haven't seen the video, link?

I honestly wouldn't care if it was the same game + next gen graphics considering how great 3 and NV were. But like I said, there's base building like minecraft now, enhanced fluid combat and there crafting/mod system is like the dead rising 3 stuff (for example... Pick up a baseball bat... Then you find a few saw blades + something to attach it and you have a saw bat... Or barbed wire bat... The mods on the guns seemed infinite too).