Fallout 4 Announced

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by govols182, Jun 3, 2015.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Both are space some, but 3 has a ton of running around in Subway tunnels, which gets kind of old.

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Here's what I gathered from my reading:

Most people think that fallout 3 gives a much better feel of a post-apocalyptic world. Everything is very spread out. There are very few people just wandering around the wasteland, so you really don't have a whole lot of interaction until you make it into a town. I remember enjoying this fact when I played the game a long time ago. It made the situation seem much more realistic. I read that New Vegas is much more heavily populated, and that a large portion of the explorable map is just desert.

People seemed 50-50 on which one had the better story. A lot of people said fallout 3 had the better story because it was a character following in the footsteps of his father, which was something a lot of people could connect with. They also said that the specificity of the story made it great. It could only be this one character that underwent this mission to find his father and ultimately save the DC area. On the other hand, NV supporters claimed that the story from 3 was too linear and didn't really allow enough choice. They said NV offered much more freedom to mould your character and his story as you saw fit.

The argument for better characters was pretty even on both sides.

There were all kinds of differing opinions about each game's DLC as well.

3. TheSofaKing

TheSofaKing New Member

I'm just now playing 3 - I never played it.. I started with NV and this x1000. I'm tired of being in the damn metro stations and tunnels. I'm still at the beginning for the most part but I enjoyed the factions and more humanoid enemies far more in NV so far. I hope FO4 is a balance between 3 and NV in terms of map density and factions.

I'm hoping I can finish this run up and do most of the side quests + DLC and then start on NV again. I doubt I'll have enough time though and will have to come back to NV later. I just gamefly'd mad max.. thinking about just returning and cancelling that subscription. I've yet to really open DA:I either.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2015
  4. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

I prefer New Vegas. Enjoyed both but I would play NV over again.

5. TheSofaKing

TheSofaKing New Member

Agreed after about 15-20 hours of FO3 play time. Rivett City and Megaton are pretty badass though.

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Picked up NV ultimate edition today.

7. TheSofaKing

TheSofaKing New Member

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

You like having more humanoid enemies? It's the wasteland. IMO, there should be less humans and more mutant creatures. Gives it more of the post apocalyptic feel.

9. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

What I really want is a football bat

10. TheSofaKing

TheSofaKing New Member

The faction wars interest me more than some feral ghouls or mirelocks or fire ants.

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I will have to see how I feel after I play new Vegas. I just thought the lack of humanoid characters in Fallout 3 did a good job of making the game feel lonely, which is how I think that kind of setting should feel.

12. TheSofaKing

TheSofaKing New Member

You started your playthrough yet? I'm curious to see how you like it since you're in the opposite boat as me.

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Not yet. Hoping to start in a little while. Would suck if my 360 didn't work lol

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

NV has been decent so far. I had forgotten how important your choices are at the beginning of the game, so that was a bit time consuming and slightly annoying. I've managed to make my way onto the strip and have been hitting the slots. Hoping to hit the jackpot soon so I can not have to worry about money for a while. Money does seem much easier to come by in NV than it was in 3.

15. TheSofaKing

TheSofaKing New Member

You're already to New Vegas? Did you sprint there and forget everything else? Maybe I'm just forgetting but I felt like it took a good half the game to get there.

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I went straight to the medical center to get implants. Once I got there, I found out they were 4K caps, so I went to the strip to make money. I got to the strip and it said I needed 2000 coins or a passport to get in. I found out I could buy a fake passport from a guy for 500 caps once I got 50 speech. Once I got 50 speech after leveling up, I decided it wasn't worth the 500 caps. I looked up a different way to get to the strip, which required me to go through and NCR camp. While I was there, I ended up getting up to the damn 2000 caps I needed, and just went back to the normal entrance. It was an awful lot of running around just to walk in the front door in the end.

I'll go back to all the beginning missions after I make some money. I have no idea which factions to help and which to fight though.

17. TheSofaKing

TheSofaKing New Member

Guess you'll just have to play it a bunch of times and side with each faction.

18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

No thanks.

19. TheSofaKing

TheSofaKing New Member

Just do it. Same with skyrim.

20. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I've spent an embarrassing amount of time playing skyrim and oblivion. Hundreds of hours.