Fallout 4 Announced

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by govols182, Jun 3, 2015.

1. TheSofaKing

TheSofaKing New Member

Also NV has the better story and characters so you should play that.

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Are all of these features you're mentioning part of the actual game, or something extra you have to do something in order to get? I don't mess around with mods and stuff (don't even know how they work). I just play the game.

Is new Vegas on xbone? If so, I might look into it.

3. TheSofaKing

TheSofaKing New Member

You're thinking of PC mods. I'm talking about weapon modifications... its basically just an extension of a regular crafting system.. so available to anyone. For instance.. I have a hunting rifle... I find or salvage a scope or stabilizer or silencer.. I can now attach that and other things to my rifle to make it awesome. Barbwire + baseball bat.. etc.

The base-building is part of the game (in other FO games - and Skyrim - you could buy houses and place stuff in it like your house in Megaton.. this pretty much replaces that).. you'll collect random junk along the way and be able to build weapons, armor?, and your base with the random crap. So picking up stuff that was useless in old FO games will be worth something.. duct tape could be highly valuable for example.

However, speaking of other mods, as most of you know FO and Elder Scrolls series have been vastly superior on the PC due to the ability to create custom mods. They are now giving this capability to the xbox one at launch (thanks the new Windows 10 integration). Sony may eventually have this but I doubt its at launch. This is huge for the series and longevity if you prefer console.

And no FO:NV is not on xbox one at this time. I'm sure it will be. I just recently bought the ultimate edition with all DLC for 360 though and am going to replay it. I'm afraid the xbox one market place for older games like this will make you buy the games at a ridiculously high price close to original $60 value + it won't come with the DLC and you would have to buy that too... so I just went ahead and bought the 360 ultimate for like $10 off amazon.. I would rather have it digitally when it comes to the xbox one.. but its not worth being gouged.

4. TheSofaKing

TheSofaKing New Member

[video=youtube;cuXEcQG_alg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuXEcQG_alg[/video]

lol

5. TheSofaKing

TheSofaKing New Member

[​IMG]

Mods example.. also not you can use melee with a ranged weapon now - I think you can basically attach a bayonet or whatever you might choose to do that.

6. TheSofaKing

TheSofaKing New Member

[video=youtube;Yuo7AuDGNN8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yuo7AuDGNN8[/video]

7. TheSofaKing

TheSofaKing New Member

[video=youtube;Vw21X2jKwCM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vw21X2jKwCM[/video]

8. TheSofaKing

TheSofaKing New Member

[video=youtube;D1J9HSbqqUA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1J9HSbqqUA[/video]

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Any idea when XBox One price will drop?

10. TheSofaKing

TheSofaKing New Member

Probably not until they release a slim or mini version. Although they are now pretty much only making 1TB versions + a game so maybe the 500gig ones have already started dropping?

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Yeah my 500GB is running out of space.

12. TheSofaKing

TheSofaKing New Member

I had to buy a 2TB external HD. I put everything on it. I'm right at like 600gig right now so hopefully it will last me. It runs faster than the internal HD too. With everything moving toward digital and how long it takes for the next new console I'm guessing I'll have to buy like a 4-6 TB HD before the next next gen.

13. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Ya, I'm going to have to buy an external HD soon.

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I've just been deleting games I don't play anymore. I'm sure I'll eventually have to get one too. Kinda shitty that they're so expensive.

15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Do they not sell generic ones? I bought a generic hard drive for my 360 and it was probably less than half the official 360 hard drive price.

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

No idea. I've never researched it. Everything was looking like $100+ in the short period I spent searching last night.

17. TheSofaKing

TheSofaKing New Member

A 2TB HD is like $80. You can probably get a 1TB for $55-60 so might as well get the 2.

18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

That's still a lot of money to add to a system that was already overpriced.

19. TheSofaKing

TheSofaKing New Member

?

It's cheaper than the ps4. And honestly this would've never happened if everyone didn't [itch bay] about Microsoft going all digital/internet connection always on crap. They would've built these with that in mind.

Ps4 is going to have the same problems so oh well. Only part that sucks its Xbox made it a huge pain in the ass to replace the original internal HD... They designed it for you to only use external basically or you have to break the warranty. PS4 I think it's easy to replace the internal and those are typically way cheaper, larger and faster. Maybe Xbox will fix that issue when they roll out a slim or mini.

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Decided to get 3 or NV to play leading up to the release of 4. Figured I'd check the interwebs to see which one most people considered "better." I was very surprised to see the large difference of opinions. It seems like its split 50/50. Based on what people say about each game, it sounds like 3 fits my preferences better, but I will probably just get NV since I've never played it.