Butch Jones Monday Press Conference.

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by MettaWorldPeace, Sep 28, 2015.

1. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Just said they don't use analytics during the game. Then wtf did you kick the field goal against OU?

2. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

He used air quotes when he said championships, right?

3. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

He's a habitual liar, then

4. dknash

dknash Chieftain

OK Coach. Have it your way. Every decision you make makes perfect sense. You're just a massive, epic choker. GTFO anyways.

5. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I'm man enough to admit when I'm wrong....unlike the subject of this discussion.

As a player, I know coaches earned more respect from me when they admitted mistakes rather than try to act like they know everything. Hell, I (and the guys I coach with) take the blame when talking with the media after every loss whether it really was our fault or not. When you win, it's all the players credit. When you lose, the staff takes the blame. That's how you earn your players' respect. That's how they learn that you have their back. I've had players that were standing beside me waiting to talk to the media say that it wasn't coach's fault even if he says it is. He put us in a position to win and we didn't execute. That floors me every time. I am no great coach. I am no all-knowing guru. However, I do know my players. I do know young people. Be real with them and defend them, and they'll run through a brick wall for you. No pun intended.

6. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

uses statistical simulation software to evaluate every possible scenario at every given second of games. Makes every decision based strictly upon expected values at any point. Sophisticated as hell with Crystal Ball use. Has been quoted as saying he has this down so well that he and DeBord could coach the offense from home.

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

that seems directly contradictory to what he said before

8. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

It is

9. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

ya think?

10. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

11. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

I don't remember who asked the question, but it was how do you balance the analytics and going with your gut? His response was we don't use analytics during the game. That's something we do during the week.

12. MettaWorldPeace

MettaWorldPeace Contributor

On style of Arkansas: Our players have never played in a flavor like this game.

Excuses starting early.

13. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

he might mean playing for their coaches' jobs

14. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

And he said "youth" more times then I could count.

15. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

A leopard doesn't change his spots.

16. MettaWorldPeace

MettaWorldPeace Contributor

Talking about his normal negativity BS and how it impacts Tennessee's youth.

Says last year was the first time Tennessee won a bowl championship without appearing in the SEC Championship Game since 1997.

"We don't use analytics during the game. That's all made leading up to the game. 99 percent of gameday decisions are made in a controlled environment." Also, says he goes by "gut-feel."

It appears to me he just got up and left after answering whether this was a "must-win" game.

17. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[​IMG]

18. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

if the clown wants positivity, he should consider coaching to win games rather than analytics and playing to avoid losing.

The riverboat gambler mentality infuses the team. The petrified kitten mentality does exactly the same. I think Miles is a crazy man, but his team knows he's out to make his victories and they play like it. It takes enormous talent to "lose less" than the other guy.

19. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Sounds like we play the same system. Stack units with a lot of adaptability

20. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Thanks for the direct quote about analytics. I used to think Dabo was the dumbest SOB in coaching. Can we have him this afternoon?