NFL Playoff Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by volfanjo, Jan 5, 2012.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

There was actually a good amount of buzz earlier in the season that Coughlin would be forced out after this season. Guess not.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

That was miserable.

3. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

And there probably will be next year as well if the Giants start out 1-3 or something, no matter what happens the rest of this season.

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I really didn' t buy in to all the talk about the Giants being good enough to topple the Packers. I mean the pass defense was rough all year and Rodgers has been playing like a superstar.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That front four dominates. They can do all kinds of crazy pass defenses when the front four can get that much pressure with no help from blitzes. Tuck, Osi and Pierre-Paul are all good enough to be Pro Bowlers.

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I know, and they have some DBs I like, too. Can't figure out how they weren't better th rest of the year. I didn't watch much of them this year, so I dunno.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The offense is streaky. Some games they move the ball at will and some games they can't get a first down.

Teams that can run the ball straight at them, like the 49ers can, gives them fits too. They're all about rushing the passer. If teams can keep it 3rd and short, they can manage the game. The NFC Championship is going to be an ugly game.

8. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

2/4

Evidence of why I had no success betting NFL.

9. CardinalVol

Fun fact -

Only one Super Bowl winner has made it past the divisional round the next season since 98 - the 04 Patriots.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

What we learned this past weekend: defense still matters after all.

11. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Alright, what are your picks? I want it to be Niners v Ravens. I think it will be Niners v Patriots in the big one

12. CardinalVol

Rematch of XLII. Giants and Patriots playing the best ball right now.

13. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I'd argue the 49ers are playing the best ball right now. They beat the hottest team in the NFL and were like rabid dogs around the football. They also have the pass rush that can get to Eli.

i could watch the Donte Whitner hit a million times.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The two teams playing the best football right now are playing each other in the NFC Championship game. It will be fun to watch.

I would like to see a Harbaugh vs Harbaugh Super Bowl myself.

15. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

I win...............

I predict a Niners/Pats superbowl

16. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

When I flipped to the Pack/Niner game shortly after kickoff, I noticed that the Niners were hitting with reason and they seemed to be playing on a different planet on the defensive side of the ball. IMO, that game has some of the best hits and tackles I have seen in a while in at any level. You can tell that they are very well coached and you can see the difference on the field from last year.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

[video=youtube;ZjvXxwvg8mc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjvXxwvg8mc&feature=player_embedded[/video]

18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Dumb [itch bay] should have known sparkly fingernails would make the Packers lose.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

That's what I said.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Almost time to see if my Giants vs Ravens prediction will stand