Monday Morning Thoughts

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Oct 12, 2015.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

If Tennessee goes into turtle mode on offense, Mason will beat Butch's brains in

2. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

By all means,this train is not back on the tracks just yet. If Bama handles A&M then they will crush Tennessee in two weeks. A 3-4 limping Tennessee team is in major danger the next week in Lexington KY. Damn JG I don't know if you are finally coming around or just hate this piece a shit band director as much as myself.

3. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

I get the belief in that, but I don't think so. While 8-4 in hindsight will technically have been improvement, our COACHING LITERALLY cost us 2 games (we can debate the Arky loss, but UF and OU for certain). It really shouldn't be THAT damn obvious that your coaching hurt your team that much. The UF loss could easily be the difference in winning the East with 2 SEC L's. I cannot see a bigger name program actually coming after Butch after he embarrassed himself on National TV. You just let this one sit and take a wait and see in 16. If he leaves, then fine. But, it will send a message.

Wait! This is the UTAD right??? What the hell was I thinking!

4. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

You left out the hope that Hart announces his retirement. Second, taking $4million of income off the table in exchange for NOT paying out $10 million after next season seems attractive if you know Butch cannot cut it.

5. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

I do not see a win against Bama, but your remark sparked a thought. If we run the table and win the SEC title game, do all of you still want Butch gone?

6. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

If that happens, he can stay and I'll ride my flying pig to every game next year.

7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

And I will be riding behind you spreading pixie dust all over the crowd as we fly in.

8. dtmvol

dtmvol Member

Since 12/7/12 I have consistently said that he will have to win an SECC to win my support, and I'm sticking with it.

9. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Yes.

Just as I believe that saving for retirement is a sound strategy, despite people winning the lottery.

10. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Not just yes but HELL F'n yes!!

11. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

If he wins the SEC title (not just the east) he and his staff have somehow managed to learn how to coach big time college football. I'm not sure that is even possible given how the Florida defense is playing, but I wouldn't equate it with winning the lotto. He wins the SEC this year and I'll go full, well at least 51%, Butch and be against firing him.

12. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

I'm Fulmer's biggest detractor but this is spot on.

13. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Id be completely behind him, but it ain't happening.

14. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

He wins the SEC championship and I'm in his corner until he does something to lose me. Hating him in spite of a championship being the last thing he does is just as stupid as blindly supporting him. That's what he was hired to do.

It's a moot point because it'll never happen

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

If Butch would overhaul the offensive staff and let them run it, I could like him.

I don't care much for Jancek, but he's not the worst coordinator on this staff. I would love to have a top flight dc too.

I don't Butch winning the east, much less the SEC at anytime here if a staff overhaul isn't done. He had a chance to do it and went ultra conservative.

Butch is the perfect CEO type. He can be the face of the program, sell the hell out of it and recruit then let his staff do all the coaching. Unfortunately, he doesn't do that

16. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

He's done a good job fixing the kicking game.

17. nomojo

nomojo Member

There was a time that a coach could have winning records but couldn't beat Bama he was in trouble. Are those days gone?

18. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[​IMG]

Yep.

19. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Might be a good time to be content with 7-5 or 8-4... There's a ton of openings right now with a few more maybe to come if Texas' win is a flash in the pan. Miami may be looking. We already have both USC's looking along with Maryland and Illinois... Unless we're all in on Gruden and he's definitely committed to coming here we'd be better off tolerating the next year or two and seeing what the landscape looks like then. Competing with the Trojans and Longhorns isn't something I think Tennessee is ready to do just yet...

20. MWR

MWR Contributor

Is that Hat?