Monday Morning Thoughts

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Oct 12, 2015.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I'll keep it short and sweet.

It's a lot easier for a blind squirrel to find a nut than for a leopard to change his spots.

That may have been the win that finally turned the corner, I am doubtful but really have no clue, but the only way anything changes for me is for Butch and friends to either beat or give it a 2009 effort versus Bama and then dominate down the stretch.

In other words, prove it.

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Just can't help but think playing from behind prevents them from going turtle shell mode.

I get offended when people say they get conservative. There's conservative and then there's whatever they do.

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Got my $10 back from the pot at work. That late TD to get it to 31-30 was a biggie for me.

4. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Win out.

That is the only thing that changes my mind about Butch. At least going in to next season. Beat Bama and that doesn't erase OU, FLA and Arky but it at least gets me back to the middle with bUTch

5. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Win changes nothing for me. He isn't a championship level coach. At this point I can't be swayed.

6. BigOrangeBeech

I'm close to this point as well. It will take dang near perfection for me to change my mind.

7. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

This is where I'm at as well.

8. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

All this win means to me is I have to listen to Georgia fans [itch bay] and whine about how dirty Tennessee plays in stead of having to listen to them gloat over how St Mark is Jesus reincarnate.... Butch could win the next 10 SEC titles and I'd still know it was in spite of and not because of his coaching....

9. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

This. He is a poser with a good roster. Next year he will be the same poser with a great roster. Of course when he gets 8 to 9 wins next year and finishes 2nd in the SECE, most of Vawl Nation will think he has arrived.

10. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

My Monday Morning Thoughts:

I feel nothing this morning about the game. Nothing. Not disgust, not happiness. I am listening to the radio, Swain saying soak it in! TonyB on his blog, enjoy this moment!

I feel nothing. And that is because I know that this win will be hailed as some great achievement when it really wasn't. We were the beneficiaries of Richt and UGA pulling a Lyle. They were up 21 in the first half and let us back into the game.

I will give credit, they finally took the choker off of Dobbs and let him do what he does best. But why did it take a 2-3 start and the seat getting scorching hot before you started coaching to win the damn game? And I am not fully convinced Dobbs didn't just say "Screw it" and did it all on his own.

I want to enjoy this win. But I feel cheated by this staff in that they have sapped any joy out of the season by how the first 5 games went.

And I know that a certain population of the fandom (and I am afraid, the administration) will take this win as some kind of sign that things are moving forward. But anyone with an eye can see that it was just either panic infused genius or dumb luck or flat out rebellion by our QB that saved the day. And I am not satisfied with that.

And yes, what Harbaugh and McElwain are doing at their schools does indeed come into my feelings for our staff and this win. Jealously and Envy are dark paths, but I find myself treading those paths. Perhaps that is why I feel so numb to this win, I am trying not to let those jealous feelings take over.

GBO

11. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

It's really hard to make sense of what we see from one week to the next. That lack of consistency is a coaching issue, there's no reason thisnteam, with the talent it has should have the record they have. There's no reason for the UK and Mizzou games to be questionable in outcome. We should clobber those teams.

It's coaching. At this point in his career, he is what he is. At best, he's Mark Richt on a down year. We don't need that.

12. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

I'm just waiting for lunch.

13. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

I'm tired. I like beating UGA, but the program is stagnant. laj winning 6-8 games every season is not an acceptable position after firing Fulmer for having only two losing seasons. I am glad we removed Phil. I'm sad we retain laj and sink into South Carolina land of mediocrity.
    Our coaches are expected to play in an SECCG every 5 years and win one every ten - according to our own athletic department. Does that mean we have to give the coach two more seasons to prove he isn't worth the money?

14. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

OV keeping it real. I like it.

Do you have to sit in those little chairs at the school?

15. BigOrangeBeech

Haha

16. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Hard to see him ever holding his own with the Bamas and Floridas of the world. They win out and I might rethink that though.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I hate UGA. I'm always happy to beat them.

I don't think this was some great change in coaching.

If they let Dobbs be Dobbs, Tennessee will win 5 more games this year.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

[​IMG]

19. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I just switch into a different mode for these kinds of seasons. Each game stands alone. More like when I watched as a kid. Don't get enough of them to check out on any of them.

20. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I'm completely shocked we haven't renamed a road after Lyle today.