6-7 years, that's how long

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Volgrad98, Nov 5, 2015.

1. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

This is idiotic.

2. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Funny

3. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Maybe I misunderstood the point. I thought the question was which teams had enough talent to overcome poor coaching. If that was the point, then Auburn 2010 would be a correct response. Because Chizik is a terrible head coach.

4. juicemane

juicemane Member

I was at the OU game and I said afterward that I would never buy a ticket again as long as butch was the coach.

But in all likelihood I will be there for florida next year, drunk as hell and cheering my ass off. Maybe this is all my fault.

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Fulmer was a GREAT OC and 92-01 Fulmer was a really Good HC. I was mostly joking.

Mostly.

It is no secret he completely out talented most of the East and ALL of the West in the SEC 92-2001. But he knew how to use it.

6. NorrisAlan

Not your fault at all, really. It is that the ADs know they have us fans by the nuts because we are passionate about the school. Like a battered wife, we keep coming back with the promises it will be better.

7. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

That team didn't have the talent to overcome terrible coaching. Obviously Cam was a huge talent but without very good offensive coaching that team isn't very good.

Edit: What does it say about our coach that he probably couldn't win a Natty with any team that actually did win a Natty in the past decade.

8. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Yeah, if only he could have kept the ol' 'ball coach from gettin' in his head.

Too AL's and GA's HC's weren't much

9. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

look, I don't think this bunch is going to win anything.

I just think you can point out that the team's observably better that it was 2 years ago

And I think you can say that, and still say they have underachieved in 2015

that's all

10. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

As a head coach? No.

Heckuva DC.

11. MettaWorldPeace

MettaWorldPeace Contributor

What part of Josh Dobbs' game has progressed?

How has offensive line improved?

In terms of game management, how has the coaching gotten better?

In comparison to championship caliber teams/coaches, how does player development from this crew stack up with others?

12. MettaWorldPeace

I used to be in your shoes. Then, after numerous years of having my heart ripped out by stupid administrative decisions, I've changed my outlook on life. I went from being a fan to a weekly observer.

13. juicemane

juicemane Member

I won't argue that the coaching is anything other than disappointing. But they've recruited well enough to have a chance.

14. NorrisAlan

The OU game did that to me this year, somewhat. I do not get as high or low anymore, and I only seethe at our AD and this jackleg coach we have. If he is still here next year, I probably will be a cursory viewer at best.

15. MettaWorldPeace

I used to start getting pumped up on Monday. Then, by the time Saturday rolled around, I would plan my entire day on Tennessee. I would usually go and hang out with friends at Neyland, or, at the very least, would listen to the radio all day in preparation. Now, I'll watch Lyle BS his press conferences, usually listen to his postgame rhetoric and watch the game with no emotion. I'll occasionally listen to Tony's show, too.

16. MettaWorldPeace

At first, I thought Lyle could be a glorified Hugh Freeze, which isn't saying much. But, it's painfully obvious that he'll recruit well enough to beat the cellar teams and win seven or eight games a year, while getting spanked in pretty much every significant game. After two or three more years of this, he'll be gone and Tennessee will start from scratch. Again.

17. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Hes not gonna continue to pull top 5 talent without showing something more on Saturday.

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

les miles would be a clear upgrade

19. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Absolutely.

20. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

Hell Les Thatcher would be a clear upgrade at this point.