Random college football thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by zero-sum, May 9, 2015.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Ok.

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Slow down, damn it! My research team hasn't seen their families in weeks.

3. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

1. So what is the hang up?

2. Is this going to be the JD speech to Janitor?

I wasn't in The Fugitive

4. OrangeEmpire

That and the time I got into real life on a web board it turned out to be Southern Sports Tonight and that did not end well.

So......lie, lie and lie some more.

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

But you were in Major League.

6. OrangeEmpire

Well.........about that

7. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

You put the word "assumed" in front of it because you didn't mention anything about qualifications until after you were offered a bet.

This is commonly called "talking out of your ass."

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

You asked what was meant by the two words. I explained what they mean, and it makes perfect logical sense. You're just flat wrong here. Why do you refuse to admit that?

9. cotton

It does make sense. You are a blowhard idiot who, when confronted as such, starts crying, "assumed qualifications!"

The fact is that you said there was no way we would finish worse than 11-1, then when confronted, pretend there are a bunch of "assumed qualifications!" I now assume you are qualified as a *****.

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Oh, now we are going to go back to putting words in my mouth? We've already had this discussion about me saying "No way" or "no matter what." Remember? I never said either of those things.

Look, I stopped posting in the other thread for a reason. If all you're going to do is call me names and put words in my mouth, I have no interest in talking with you whatsoever until shortly before the season starts. You asked a question about what I was saying, and I answered it, thoroughly, and in a factual way that made perfect sense. If you don't want to look at that rationally and admit that you were just wrong, then kindly leave me the **** alone.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2016
  11. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Are y'all still arguing about this bet thing?

12. cotton

So you are sticking with the position that you could neither accept or decline the bet because you didn't know if the entire team would die in a plane crash? Yeah, perfect sense.

I'm not wrong, you are just a coward who won't own up to what he said, repeatedly and indisputably. And you were the silly jackass who kept bringing up a dead issue after Savage Orange stepped in to try to rescue you. I had, magnanimously, let it rest until your repeated posts on the subject.

13. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Needs its own thread or a room at the Super 8.

14. OrangeEmpire

15. MWR

MWR Contributor

Saw this on FB

[​IMG]

16. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Was probably laying the wood to Saban's daughter and didn't hear the call to load the buses.

18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

No. The plane crash scenario is called hyperbole. Do I need to explain that as well? Come on, man.

I have lived up to it, consistently, since I first posted it. Not once have I backed down from my prediction. You just claim that I have since I refuse to say "there is not a single thing that could make me change my mind" and accept your bet. And Savage Orange didn't "step in to rescue me." He just agreed with my position, so you guys invited him into the mix and played him up as a way to insult me after I left the thread, most likely with the intention of getting me to start posting in the thread again so you could continue the shitshow.

As for me repeatedly posting on the subject, I have done nothing of the sort. I've just been trying to help people out and make sure they explicitly state any qualifications that go along with their predictions. I would hate for them to get called out by Bull Shit Officer Cotton for not exhausting literally every detail of possible scenarios that could occur and alter their prediction. You've made it clear that that sort of behavior is strictly forbidden around here.

19. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

I kind of invited myself into the mix.... I really believe 11-1 is going to happen and more than that, I think 12-0 isn't out of the realm of possibility. I was just willing to acknowledge that a $50 dinner card wasn't too much too ask to go ahead and make a bet. If I'm wrong it'll suck for sure but only because it means Tennessee (once again) underperformed when there was no reason to. We'll see how it goes...

20. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Or his son.