Random college football thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by zero-sum, May 9, 2015.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I don't recall or care and it wouldn't matter as it wouldn't discredit the other topics mentioned. It's plain to see the discussion has irritated you over the last couple of years or so. It's also plain to see you'll argue a minor disagreement for days on end, which flies in the face of your declaration that you don't care.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Big 12 can have title game with 10 teams.

Can SEC go back to 10 now?

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

They should be forced to change the league name to the Tiny Ten.

4. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Big Integer

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Nor does the act get told to the rest of you if it never occurred in the first place. Your argument is one of the dumbest things I've ever read.

So wait. You're saying that it wouldn't matter if someone else posted the Sab story rather than myself? Because that would definitely mean that it had nothing to do with something I posted. Again, your argument is extremely dumb, as was pretty much everything you've said in this discussion, starting first with your assertion that "I care how my posts make me look" and "I don't want to deal with catching shit" are the same thing.

6. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

You get grief outside this message board?

7. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Indy, do what I do and lie, lie, lie and lie some more.

8. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

It wouldn't matter because I posted several examples. You've mentioned a problem with one.

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

And? How many embarrassing stories do you have in your life? Why do we only make fun of a few?

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

And yeah, the fact that you mentioned he's a good guy and you enjoyed talking football with him is extra commentary that definitely, definitely adds to the humiliation.

12. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

I'm just glad social media and YouTube didn't exist when I was a kid.... Some of the dumb shit I did would have made me an Internet sensation!

13. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

What the **** is an "assumed qualification?"

The fact that you keep posting words like those makes you look like both a ***** and an idiot, so it's a really good thing you don't care.

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Did that happen? Did I post that? You have no ****ing idea. You give me shit because I hung out with him.

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/qualification

And I put the "assumed" in front of it because the qualifications should be so obvious that they go without saying. I shouldn't have to add "barring any major injuries" to a prediction; you should just know (assuming you're an intelligent person) that I don't think we go 11-1 with Hurd out injured. You should know that losing Nick Chubb changes what I might predict about UGA's record. You should know that any preseason predictions of a Patriot Super Bowl win change when Tom Brady goes down with a season ending injury. These are all qualifications to the predictions that are so obvious, they aren't even worth adding to the prediction. That's why no one says "I predict this team will win, as long as they're bus doesn't drive off a cliff on the way to the game." Because everyone knows that if their ****ing bus drives off a cliff, you won't still predict that they'll win.

But yeah, I've always found that calling someone an idiot when I don't understand something is a solid route to take.

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

No more so than anyone else. Everyone catches grief from people in their lives. A lot of times, it's a sign of endearment.

Why?

Lol you just agreed with me. You make fun of a few events. I catch shit for the events. You just said it. I'm done arguing with you about this. You're just arguing to argue.

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Yes.

18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Events that you posted about. You also catch an ungodly amount of shit for a ton of other posts. You do not catch any shit for that embarrassing thing that happened to you in high school that you never posted about here. See how that works?

19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I can "say" I posted whatever I want to say I posted. It's not my fault if you're an idiot and believe me. Have you ever read the post, since that's what you claim you're making fun of? Maybe you could link it for me, so that we know it actually happened. It only seems fair, since that's what you claim you're making fun of me for.

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I wouldn't have the time to cite all the things for which I make fun of you. The scope of such a project would take an entire team and months, possibly even years of round the clock work. And that's just if we went from today backwards and didn't try to document the scores of posts likely to follow. This would be the human genome project times ten.