Anti-LGBT/Religious Freedom Laws

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tar Volon, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I don't think that's how the adoption system works. But the demand for adoption is definitely greater than the supply, despite a significantly heftier price tag than having your own biologically

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I'm pretty sure similar arrangements are made. I'd say there are legal hurdles.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Okay, this raises some issues with health care in general then. Is the same logic not applicable to anyone in need of care?

4. Tar Volon

This logic is how the American healthcare system works (and one of the reasons it's so expensive).

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Not really. Only care deemed critical.

6. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Responsible maybe?

7. Tar Volon

Aren't we talking about critical care? The examples in question were keeping a fetus alive and not running over someone with a car and killing them. Both of those seem pretty critical to me.

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I don't think me being in need of care is analogous to you refraining from doing something that kills me.

9. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

This argument has been made before by you and others. I understand what you are saying, but it implies innocence in the conception on the woman's part. And that is where I get hung up on that argument.

If she ate some pumpkin pie at Thanksgiving dinner and it made her pregnant, I could see the argument. As if it was a random occurrence, like getting cancer or someone keying her car. But she engaged willingly in an action that's natural conclusion is the chance (not guarantee, but chance) of pregnancy. Much like the natural result of jumping out of an airplane is death due to sudden deceleration. Unless you take precautions such as a parachute. But then, there are times that chute will fail. And you have to accept your part in the outcome, no matter how sucky or unintended.

10. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

My friend, solid as always.

11. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

This. Leftists love to cry about how they're somehow being "controlled" when the notion of taking responsibility for your actions comes up, like noooooobody knows that getting pregnant is a possible result of having sex...

12. Beechervol

Not bad.

13. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I'm religious and all for it.

14. Beechervol

Norris covered it pretty well.

15. Savage Orange

Me too.

16. Savage Orange

Yeah, but I (as usual) didn't read it before having to put my $.02 in!!

17. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Merica!

18. Beechervol

I do it all the time.

19. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Absolutely agree.

20. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Ran across this comment on an article about David Daleiden's house being raided and thought it was an interesting take: