Anti-LGBT/Religious Freedom Laws

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tar Volon, Mar 31, 2016.

1. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Some people actively advertise themselves. Most people use an agency though. But this is exactly what is happening right now.

The expectation has become for the adopting family to pay (for some or all of) the mother's medical as well as other life expenses in the months leading up to her giving birth. Even people that go through an agency do that. People willing to pledge more money are much more likely to be selected by the mother. Some agencies, but not all, hide the amount pledged. The amount has become part of the selection criteria. If you are from a low-middle income family, even if you are salt of the earth, it is much more difficult to adopt because of the big time legal fees and inability to pay the mother's expenses. My brother and his wife are in that position now. Race and gender influence the prices as well. It's a market.

2. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

She aided in getting the body there, likely willingly.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Again, what is the origin of this apparently binding biological natural law regarding reproduction?

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

yup. even for a wealthy educated couple it can be a difficult experience. we had a friend do this and the mother changed her mind after the kid was born and they never got their money back. it was terrible.

5. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

"You know what causes that, don't you?"

My uncle to my wife during her first pregnancy.

6. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I do not understand the question. Can you expound?

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

That because one is capable of birthing, they are apparently compelled to do so by obligation. I'm asking where this obligation comes from.

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I didn't see anyone suggesting we inseminate all females immediately after menarche.

9. NorrisAlan

Same place the obligation I have to raise my sons came from.

But all of this is irrelevant because you see a fetus as nothing more than a tumor (harsh on my part, and perhaps not accurate. But some of the things you have said points to that) and thus the mother is under no obligation.

But if you believe the post first trimester fetus has a right to life as I do, then yes she is under the obligation.

The father also gets no say, yet because he is capable of fertilizing an egg, he is on the hook no matter what his wishes are.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

But if they are inseminated, they're locked in for the lifelong ride of motherhood?

11. NorrisAlan

Was it forced on them? If so, an abortion is called for. And hopefully before the first trimester is up.

Of it was consensual and recreational, and again, after the first trimester with no threat of health to mom or a rare disease causing the fetus to be unviable, then sorry. It should be protected like all humans in this country are protected.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Whoa. Why does it change if it is forced on them? What difference would that make, if this is simply about a human life?

13. NorrisAlan

Honestly I don't think it should matter, if they wait until the second trimester. By then it is no different than if they gave birth and changed their mind and left it in a dumpster.

I should have said that better. I am uncomfortable with all "convenience" abortions. I think it causes unforseen suffering on the mother and the father. But I am willing to give the benefit of the doubt pre second trimester.

Edit: I am also against all death penalties.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
  14. y2korth

y2korth Contributor

Like libertarianism, it's a great idea, on paper

15. y2korth

y2korth Contributor

The law frowns upon selling kids.
    At least for $700.
    At least in claiborne county.

Yes, really.

16. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

It's Superbad. There's semen on everything.

17. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Friends of mine had the same exact experience, adopted the baby in Knoxville, bought all the baby items, spending quite a sum of money, they are fairly well off. Used to own the original Batmobille complete with Batcycle among an extensive car collection. The birth mother had 30 days to change her mind and she did. Can you imagine having a child for 30 days and then have to give it back

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

One of my wife's friends gave her child up for adoption and 24 hours later took the kid back and then after 24 hours with an infant changed her mind again. This was a 30 year old woman btw. She had to borrow the people's car seat. Poor people flew home in tears. I guess it's good she gave the kid back, but I still found it despicable.

19. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

How long after birth? You know those first few weeks are tough on a woman. After a while, what is somewhat despicable.

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Maybe a week. I found it pretty dispicable a 30 year old person could give up the kid in the first place. She's nuts though and the kid is better off. Of course she now has a kid with her new husband