Anti-LGBT/Religious Freedom Laws

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tar Volon, Mar 31, 2016.

1. MWR

MWR Contributor

"A card laid is a card played."

This probably should exclude CardinalVol

2. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

You'd think that money could be deposited in a 3rd party account only payable once the mother signs her child away. It's bad enough for the people going through the whole process to have their hopes dashed at the end, the mother should have no legal claim to that money since she didn't fulfill her side of the bargain. She has every right to change her mind and keep the baby, but she shouldn't get to keep the money.

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

It's considered a gift. I think it's actually not legal to flat out pay someone with a legal contract.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Well she sounds like a terrible person.

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I know I've told it before but friends of mine were set to adopt a baby girl. The birth mom got a new boyfriend (not the dad) and the mom of the new boy friend (who will henceforth be called [itch bay]) who did not have any girls of her own convinced the mom to not go through with it and [itch bay] said she would help her. Last I heard (and I've never asked), [itch bay] had all but stolen the little girl from her birth mom. Don't know what happened, but I will take a guess.

Ironically, we are going to their adopted son that took her place 5th birthday party tonight. And I still joke with the husband and ask him if he's sure that's not his natural kid because there is an uncanny resemblance between them.

6. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

Holoprosencephaly refers to a child born with a brain stem but no brain. I have a friend who has a daughter with this. IP you said a baby needs a conscience to be considered alive. Would this child be considered alive or dead because she has no thought process?

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Respectfully, that's not what I said. I said in order to be a being, they needed all those things we consider to be part of what a human is- ability to be conscious, self-awareness, etc. "Alive" is another matter. I would not consider a body with no brain to be a being, though their body is human.

8. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

That's a sad situation for your friend, OV. .

9. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I don't know what I think, but I am inclined to agree. If there is no potential of brain activity, I'm not sure what the point is.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

If I suffered a head wound that blew everything but my brain stem out of my head, I would be dead even if my body were somehow kept alive. I would be gone, as an individual. That's how I see it.

11. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

A more than reasonable opinion.

12. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I look at it as more of developmental in the early stages of pregnancy. Those things are coming in due time.

13. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I've also only read the last page, but this seems very civil.

Go 8th.

14. OrangeEmpire

Sheeeit, it's only fun if you have a bad guy.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

I get that perspective, and I suppose that is the crux of the disagreement.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

There were moments of classic internet debate, but only moments.

17. OrangeEmpire

Sorry if it's already been posted

[video]https://youtu.be/WqASSN5S2CI[/video]

18. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Now if we can only get SC, TN, and AL to pass something similar the GA economy will be booming.

19. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Seriously. The mayor of St. Pete didn't waste any time angling for the PayPal jobs pulled from NC.

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator