Hypothetical Festival

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Jul 26, 2016.

1. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

1) Nothing. Can't say that I really care.
    2) I'd manage as long as I was allowed to participate; otherwise, divorce.
    3) I'd probably keep coming back to watch the shit show each year on TV, but would progressively skip more games if I had anything else to do at the time.
    4) Nothing, as long as there's no physical violence.
    5) Dissolution of all previous EOs/EAs/EMs
    6) Tough one. Like the idea of the pentagon and classified libraries.

2. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

1) Nothing beyond pity. It is their right to do so, no matter how much it may disgust me personally.
    2) The bisexual angle makes this twisty. I'm really not sure how I would respond, but I'm certain my love for them would not change.
    3) I don't think it will be enough to evacuuate the coach from his position, but it gets extremely uncomfortable for him. Personally I would not shocked by it, but disappointed the coaching somehow found a way to nullify all that talent. I would likely fully check out minus a coaching change and the university wouldn't give the slightest frack.
    4) In the fist scenario I would approach and ask if he needed help (have done so before), both to offer legitimate help and ensure no thievery is at play. The second scenario is much tougher. If no physical abuse is taking place I tend to stay out of domestic disputes.
    5) Balanced federal budget.
    6) Elon Musk's side.

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

1. i'd tell them what they are doing is wrong. I wouldn't confront them physically.

2. desire to act or desire? i'd consider the former one a severe break of trust of our marriage and would likely consider divorce.

3. fire borch?

4. i'd help. if he was abusive i'd call the police

5. repeal obamacare

6. playboy mansion

4. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

What are you? A Mormon?

5. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

The steely blade of one of my favorite lines, used against me.

Perfectly done.

6. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Which would you most prefer - you have to watch your grandparents whenever they have sex, or you can never have sex without your grandparents watching you?

If confined alone to a completely isolated location for one week, what movie(s) would you be too scared to watch, if any?

Would you rather meet your great-great-great grandparents, or your great-great-great grandchildren? And what's one thing that you'd ask or tell them?

What's one event in history - large or small - that you'd like to change, in what way, and to what end?

7. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

4) Gruden.

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Two years mandatory community service? Like forty freaking hours a week? How the hell is that going to work?

9. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

1. w. t. f?

2. Up to Bat w/ NYYVol

3. I would much rather talk to my g-g-g-g-grandparents, simply for selfish reasons as to where i cam from. I am not sure I want to see what happens to my progeny, it might be too traumatic.

4. This is one that may require some thought. But perhaps prevent the assassination of the Archduke Ferdinand. Europe was probably poised for WWI anyway, but I would like to have seen WWI and WWII not even get started in Europe. But they may have been necessary, anyway, just because of continental tensions and pressures.

10. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

And doesn't even require any exposition.

11. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

I'd choose the latter. My grandparents have all passed on so for all I know they're watching now.

12. InVolNerable

2001 SEC Champ game.

13. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I'd rather be watched than have to watch.

No movies that I would be afraid to watch.

I'd like to speak to my great great great grandchildren and ask them what the future is like. I already have a pretty good idea of my family history, so I'd like to see how my family progresses, as well as the state of the US and the world.

For purely selfish reasons, I'd prevent the Vietnam War. My uncle ultimately lost his life from things that happened to him while he was serving. Him passing away completely destroyed my grandparents. They were never the same after he passed away, almost like they were different people.

14. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

We'd have just gotten beaten by Miami in the Rose Bowl and if Fulmer would have had another SEC Championship, he'd likely still be coaching here with a lifetime contract.

15. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

1. Nothing
    2. Two chicks at one time? WooHoo!
    3. Deep depression.
    4. What help can I offer? I have no magic wand
    5. Can i sign stuff out of law instead?
    6. Would have to think about this one.

16. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

All grandparents dead.

None

great-great-great grandparents- ask them if they are in Heaven, does it exist?

I do not think let's say prevent Hitler from gaining power for example, would have prevented WWII. I think world events would have led to it anyway. Instead of Adolf Hitler it could have been Herman Goering. So my choice would be to place myself as Czar for life of NASCAR.

17. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

5. Ban further executive orders.

18. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

That's rough. My uncle was killed in 1970, and my family more or less went to shit. The 4 kids that were older than him made out ok, but the 4 younger had a rough time of it growing up and it still shows today.

19. InVolNerable

That just makes the decision tougher, imo.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

1. I'd tell them how much of an asshole they were.

2. Sounds like fun. But if I'm not invited I suppose we'll have to part ways. I don't believe in "soul mates." Obviously.

3. I'd post a lot here, [itch bay]ing and moaning. I'd attempt to come up with elaborate plots to bring about his removal. Ultimately, I would settle into a numb vegetable state.

4. I'd offer to help him. If he were berating a woman, I'd still offer to help and try to calm him down. I would make sure the woman was alright.

5. universal healthcare.

6. The Oregon coast.