Obama Admin Lies About Paying Ransom to Iran

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Aug 3, 2016.

1. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Authority? Is that a joke?

2. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

We've used the international court to our benefit before. Can't pick and choose results unless you choose to be a rogue nation on par with Cuba and North Korea. Oh, wait. You support Trump so that is exactly what you want America to be.

3. hatvol96

Not really. The fact is the Order was made by a body we consented to make a decision years ago that we owed the money. We've just bullshited and played the role of renegers for years.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
  4. hatvol96

Funny that right wing presidents sure played up their authority when they went America's way.

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

The same body we consented to to get our initial hostages home from there?

6. hatvol96

Essentially. Let's look at it in real world terms. The Shah sent us a bunch of money for fighter jets. He got tossed and we never delivered them. Why wouldn't that be Iran's money?

7. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Because they had a revolution, overthrew the govt that made that deal, and replaced it with their enemies.

8. CardinalVol

Essentially I would argue that when a governmental body is overthrown that we would be able to throw it out the window, especially when in the midst of said overthrow we had hostages taken. You overthrow a government, you start brand new.

9. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

It's like saying King George should have paid Washington for the tobacco that a loyalist governor (that Washington turned around and hanged) had shipped to England before the revolution.

10. hatvol96

So? It's still their ****ing money.

11. hatvol96

If they got the tobacco, they should have. However, the issue at hand is someone paying for something and not receiving it. I love watching the right wing nuts be good with America being a thief.

12. hatvol96

So, you are good with theft. Excellent.

13. CardinalVol

As you've said before, you revolt, there are consequences.

14. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I haven't seen this many SJW's so triggered in a long, long time. Maybe ever.

Best get that immigration machine a pumpin' boys.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

All you do is make personal insults and talk about how much more you know. That is what every exchange with you goes to.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Easier to lump opposition with catchy tag lines than to engage people. See how that goes.

17. Tenacious D

You, the King of Crystal Castle, are least qualified to throw stones at others who you allege to be caricaturistically spewing formulaic arguments.

18. Tenacious D

I have thoroughly and sincerely engaged you. You chose partisan dogma, over factual truth.

I did each of us a favor by letting it go.

19. Tenacious D

Ha! The same person who champions this Administrations fast and loose style of picking and choosing which laws to uphold or ignore - illegal immigration, drugs, etc. - now touts the inherent fallacy and damage that results from doing exactly that.

I assume that the cake which you wish to both possess and also eat is as rich as this argument, coming from you.

20. Tenacious D

Can any of the "not-a-ransom" folks help me to understand why the plane full of cash:

1. Wasn't loaded with US Dollars?
    2. Wasn't allowed to take off to Tehran, until the hostages were safely aboard a second plane and out of Iranian air space?