Social Injustice

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by cotton, Sep 9, 2016.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think it was in full swing by the time of the Nintendo Entertainment System, and just gained steam since.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's not socially awkward anymore. Espn is showing the video game world championships

3. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

So some dumbass Navy c:#t decided she was going to sit through the anthem on duty, in uniform. Naturally Shaun King and the social justice warriors are in a tither. I don't think there's a group of people who I am more disgusted with as a whole.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

She signed away her ability to do that when she signed her papers. She's definitely in the wrong.

5. Joseph Brant

And that's all there is to it. I really hate when talking heads get all hyped up about military matters (from both ends of the spectrum, mind you) when they don't know elbows from a-holes.

6. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I really enjoy Objective IP.

And I agree.

7. Tenacious D

As an active or reserve-duty service person, you not only stand, but popped-to at attention during the anthem, anywhere, anytime and even in civvies, or face NJP.

She's going to get the hell knocked out of her.

8. Tenacious D

Comments?

[​IMG]

9. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

That isn't really what they're protesting.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

I really like backhanded compliments.

11. Tenacious D

...and then he left us, all too soon.

12. Tenacious D

Ok.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

So because there are more whites, the murder by a white is weighted less. That statistical approach doesn't do anything for analyzing victims, which I what the controversy is. I can say more on this if you'd like. The FBI stat is about crime as well. The number of police killings counted as a crime is near zero, which is a big part of the controversy. There's two ways this stat is being misapplied.

14. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

It's interesting, though.

15. Joseph Brant

Though by and large the black community (with media prodding) is using rage over officer involved shootings (unjustified/justified/somewhere in between) as a means of deflection rather than confront the hard truths of how their own communities deal with violent crime.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya, but even the premise is false because they talk about black on black crime all the time. It's a huge topic in black culture.

17. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

I'm not sure that makes the premise false, just different.

18. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I've had such a crazy week i didn't even know what was going on in Charlotte until i saw it on tv when i sat down for breakfast today.

19. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Officer is Tulsa changed with 1st degree manslaughter.

20. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

IMO, deflection is when someone points out that officers tasked with protecting citizens are instead doing the opposite (at times; by no means am I saying that every officer involved in these shootings is automatically in the wrong) and the response is, "Well, you're not allowed to complain, because black on black crime."