Da'rick suspended per Jimmy Hyams

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by WM, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

He was at MCDs.

Went off after they give him cheese without askin for it.

2. RoadTrip

RoadTrip New Member

Da'rick tweet.

No more than I hate having him here. I am sick of POS's like him acting like they are kings. He can sometimes catch a football when he feels like it and doesn't have to lay out or jump for it. He makes one or two good catches in traffic, then blows it all by not competing for the next couple. Dude's got issues and that shouldn't be the other 84 player's or coaching staff's problem. It's a frickin football team, not group therapy. This is JJ and add in bad attitude redux. Do what you are supposed to do when you are supposed to do it, compete to win on the field, and have fun with your teammates - or go away.

Last edited: Feb 29, 2012
  3. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Second that. The sense of entitlement is what I hate most about young people today.

4. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Where do you think they get that?

5. Steve C.

Steve C. Banned

Young Americans are surrounded by fabulous wealth. Forget the bullshiz political rhetoric. Young people can afford things (Ipads, Iphones etc.) over which the kings of yesteryear would fight wars.

6. I, like many of you, don't like attitude, but frankly as long as he keeps catching touchdowns I don't give a damn what kind of fits he throws.

That is, unless his example creates a locker room cancer. Then and only then can I say he needs to go. I have friends who have spent a lot of time around other star players on this team and they're not exactly good people with good attitudes either. But almost everyone here and elsewhere loves them, because they put up points and no one hears about their locker room antics.

7. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

As a teacher in the public school system, my children are surrounded by fabulous wealth, yet still have a iphone.

8. RoadTrip

RoadTrip New Member

Speaking of which did you see the Pope checking out an I-Pad with his advisors on the news? He's planning to start tweeting. For real. The Pope. Maybe Duh'rick and him can tweet each other about how bad they have it.

9. WM

WM Active Member

This is about where I am. Just [uck fay]ing win, deal with the drama later.

10. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

The problem is that his antics are neither contained nor even attempted to be constrained, as I understand it. Allegedly.

And, if true, is affecting large segments of the team, if not its entirety.

That's the conundrum that he now represents - when a player's antics are initially tolerated, it usually only worsens at any attempt to reign them in, thereafter. Perhaps CDD's reference to Nazi's was spot on, after all - insofar as Chamberlan first sought to appease, instead of oppose.

Once a spoiled child learns that it can get its way by throwing tantrums, they naturally begin to feel that the only answer to continue to get their way is to throw even greater ones and more frequently. The more you struggle to control them, the more they act out to avoid it.

I'd be interested to hear CDD's private thoughts as to how his mentor would handle DaRick, were he at Alabama. First, it never would have gotten this far out of hand, and if it persisted, he would be gone. No talking. No threats. No pleas. Gone.

11. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

They're second generation of a people that have never known anything but drawing a check. It's all some know. They have no goals, other than cheating the system.

12. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Bingo!

13. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

Those vegetarian-induced stingers are brutal.

14. Tenacious D

Damn. Forgot that one.

15. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

As accurate of a post as I have seen Tenny D. Solid work.

16. Vercingetorix

Vercingetorix Member

Not to defend Precious, but Saban put up with a lot of bullshit at Michigan State, which was the last time he was coaching with his career on the line. It's a lot easier to be a hardass once you've got a national championship or two in your pocket and 4- and 5-star recruits backing up every position.

(One of my best friends is a Sparty girl, so I lived the Saban era in East Lansing almost firsthand. He became a massively different coach once his career was secure.)

17. Tenacious D

Somewhere in Athens, GA - a Commodore 64 whirs to life, as Babs fumes at reading this.

But to your point - I have no doubt that's true, Verc. All of it. But that's one of my most sincere knocks on CDD is in his utter inability to recognize the facts you mentioned, and the reality of his current situation.

He seems to think that he can take the same liberties, and be the gigantic [Penis] that Saban is....but with absolutely none of the accomlishments that allows him to do so. Saban's antics are more tolerable (or palatable) for two reasons, alone: he brings home hadware, and he can put you (or at least greatly advance your chances, at the very least) in the League.

That's why he can be unabashedly prickish with the players, fans, media, boosters and anyone else within 100 yards - and it's why he can pretty much do anything he wants, how he wants it done, when, with whomever he pleases and at any cost, tangible or intangble - and it's exactly why CDD cannot.

But he seems to think he can, and bristles whenever he's reminded of that fact, however casually or gentle, directly or indirectly. Which IMO, only heaps further evidence onto the already mountainous sentiment that he is ill-prepared for the position he holds, and frankly, is in over his head.

While winning cures all ills, losing not only exasperates but multiplies them - and CDD seems to have learned that simple and universal truth about 6 assistants and a KY laugher too late. He can prove me wrong - and I hope he does, I really do - but barring an off-season metanoia not seen since the road to Damascus, it's unlikely that he will.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2012
  18. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Im not sure to the exact facts with DR and the program, but DD is in a corner here if its as bad as some speculate.