It starts today

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by kmf600, Jan 20, 2017.

1. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

The something to it is that if you say it enough folks will begin to believe it. Just like on his campaign trail. Then once people only listen to him he can create the facts he wants to govern by.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

That photo is fake news. His physique looks nothing like that.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

But they didn't. No magnetometers were used, yet that was what the press secretary pointed to... something that wasn't there.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Make no mistake: a lot of enthusiastic people showed up on Friday. More than most inaugurations. Just not more than Obama's first. Wouldn't be cooler to say one's SECOND nomination had more people than one's first, anyway? I don't understand why the press secretary came out and lied to us, even citing things like magnetometers that weren't there, saying that the grass coverings hadn't been used before, etc.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

The plan is to change the way the budget is calculated, then claim it was reduced bigly. It's known.

6. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Trump needs a foil. He's the type that needs/wants enemies, or sees them everywhere, and he's chosen the media as his major adversary, which, in some ways, is beneficial to him because they will be there every day of his administration. So, he has that built in war available whenever he wants it, which will be often. It's ironic due to the fact that the media made his campaign by giving him so much free campaign time by salivating over his every move and outlandish statement on the trail. I can't imagine how exhausting that would be. Hell, it will get old real fast just watching it. But, he seems to be driven with a laser like focus on mitigating this battle with the media, which is probably not going to go well for either side,

And, let's be real about this effort by Trump vis a vis the media. He has no interest in reforming the media or righting ideological biases. He's interested in their coverage of him and garnering the most amount of deference possible. He handles dissent and criticism worse than any president in modern history, with only Nixon rivaling his berating and paranoia of the fourth estate. His clear insistence on being distracted by every perceived slight will become a major drag on his presidency. We're on day 3 of talking about ****ing crowd size at his inauguration, a discussion heightened by his need to combatively address it, and I can't think of anything more irrelevant.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
  7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Obama mastered this

8. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I agree it's not a partisan problem. I still disagree with its use, whoever uses it.

9. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Are you sure? I've found the chair of the inauguration to be a very level headed guy (while he is a long time friend of Trump he's willing to discuss the full scope of issues). He cited specifically 99 magnetometers each capable of serving 400 persons/hour.

If you do the math, that's not enough unless they only used those on the two most forward zones. And I could see them only doing that....

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

You would think it should be fairly straightforward

11. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

To you.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/01/sec...at-magnetometers-shrank-inaugural-crowd-size/

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/fact-check-trump-overstates-crowd-size-inaugural-44957818

13. JayVols

Yeah. It's an easy political out. Folks can claim any amount of savings they want to make any plan look like a no-brainer. Then, when those claims turn out to be grossly inaccurate, they can trot out unforeseen circumstances as to why it was off. After they get what they wanted.

14. JayVols

15. JayVols

16. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

And now we are going to have two-three days about "alternative facts". Awesome.

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

If you want to play that card the media just got busted lying about the MLK bust.

18. JayVols

I've missed the days of known knowns, known unknowns, unknown knowns and unknown unknowns.

19. JayVols

They did & should have. A retraction was made. Ever see a Brietbart retraction? Maybe there are some, I don't know.

20. JayVols

And it was one media guy, not the entire media apparatus.