Wikileaks "Vault 7" Tuesday at 9am

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Mar 6, 2017.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I don't. At all. And I'm actually curious to see how Trump handles it, from the Chief Executive's seat, to be honest.

2. Tenacious D

Keep reading.

3. Tenacious D

WSJ confirms Vault 7 is authentic:

[​IMG]

4. Tenacious D

On Umbrage:
    [​IMG]

5. Tenacious D

Link: https://wikileaks.org/ciav7p1/

6. Tenacious D

Emphasis mine

7. Tenacious D

Emphasis mine

8. Tenacious D

This sounds like an eerily specific example, IMO:

Emphasis mine.

9. Tenacious D

Emphasis mine

10. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile...rope/wikileaks-julian-assange-russia.amp.html

Assange and Russia? Read this. Pay attention to Assange's & WikiLeak's approach/attitude towards exposing Russia's lack of transparency was initially in 2006, and how that opinion morphed dramatically around 2010, Nov 20th, 2010 to be exact. Coincidence that his rape charges and this change seem to coincide? Also, RT broadcast Assange's show. Odd that Snowden wanted to go to South America after his leaks but was steered to Russia by Assange via a WikiLeaks employee? Why did Putin all of a sudden start defending Assange AFTER he had released some minor dirt on Putin's Russia? How in the hell can Assange answer questions about why he never exposes Russian dirt by saying there were avenues of free open debate in the country about these issue; thus, there already was a WikiLeaks of sort in Russia giving him no need in exposing Russian dirt?

Why did Assange fail to mention a $2 billion bank transfer from Syria to Russia as the war in Syria kicked off?

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.dail...eaks-syria-files-syria-russia-bank-2-billion/

You asked about timing, IP? Well, check out the article from the New York Times. There are many cases of convenient timing. In fact, it's standard operating procedure for Assange.

Bottom line, Putin used Assange's legal issues to create a puppet solely aimed at harming the US in any way possible. This is Putin's go to ploy. Use compromising information to gain control of people like Assange, then unleash them on Western Democracies in an attempt to delegitimize them. If one wants to ride with someone like Assange because he's helping further things one might support, that's your prerogative. As for me, I'll continue to hold to my belief that he is a fugitive from justice that loves to point out splinters in other people's eyes while ignoring the plank in his own all while being a stooge to Vladimir Putin, the man whose main goal is to delegitimize every western democracy on the planet. No thanks.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

What are you saying? Trump isn't an idiot, the CIA framed him? I seriously don't know why you are emphasizing that.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

I have no doubt that all or mostly all of this is true. I have only small doubts about who is pulling the strings and why.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

I mean, look. As soon as I heard about the impending "leak," I knew exactly what it would be because of what was going on with Trump. Russia sent out teasers to Brietbart and other alt-right news sources, watched it diffuse to Trump and echo off of the possibly compromised and definitely "alt right" flavor aid drinking staff at near the trigger point.

You saw me post it yesterday, when many were thinking it would be Hillary emails, 9/11 truther idiocy, secret global government, etc. Nope. It'd be something undermining the intelligence community and their data gathering, because there is an investigation into Trump and his staffers and there is something that could be found out. Though I doubt it, I fear the intelligence community already lost if their credibility is destroyed.

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Summary, anyone?

15. Tenacious D

Prove it.

16. Tenacious D

Prove it.

17. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

This is an interesting problem the CIA and the NSA have if you think about it. Since man walked upright, our wars and battles have solely been waged nation vs nation, man vs man, in a physical world. Your enemies have walls and weapons and you try to find weaknesses in those walls and weapons. And knowing those weaknesses has no real baring on your walls and weapons.

Now we have a world where you can invade another country simply by sending some electrons down a copper or fiber optic wire. Everyone uses the same walls, and a weakness found in one is a weakness in all walls. Now, being able to turn on a phone's mic would be a big asset to a spy agency, especially fighting a force that doesn't conform to nations or any such identity. And it would be very hard to give up said knowledge to the makers of that phone because it would ultimately close that hole in the enemies wall while simultaneously securing your own wall.

Is it a moral responsibility to make sure our systems are secure to cyber attack or risk it to prevent a physical attack.

18. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Morgan freeman had it right in the dark night

19. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

This really is fascinating and certainly frightening in a big brotherish way. However, it does speak to the world we live in today. As Norris points out it is a very, very different approach to intelligence in the digital age. Most everyone is connected through basically the same types of host, so it makes perfect sense that they're targeted. It takes me back to the same base question I think we all need to ask: do we believe intelligence is necessary to the protection of our country and its citizens? If yes, then much of what we're reading - scary as it may be - is probably going to be necessary evil.

20. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

i wonder how much safer it actually makes us.