Super Tuesday Gameday Thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by CardinalVol, Mar 6, 2012.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Tennessee and Ohio are the two worth watching imo.

Go.

2. CardinalVol

Im thinking the guy behind me wearing the the 2002 salt lake olympics hat is a romney lock. Jmo imo iyam vfl gbo

3. CardinalVol

Santorum wins Tennessee.

*sighs

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Evidently the Santorum campaign just straight up forgot to register to get Rick's name on the ballot in certain districts in Ohio. Really need to have him running the country.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Santorum winning Tennessee is embarrassing.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Can't have any crazy Mormons in the White House. Didn't they fly those planes into them towers?

If only Romney was a snake-handler. That would have gotten the 10 point snake rattle bump.

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I dislike him more every time I see him. His damn name also sounds like sanitarium, which I associate with lots of disease, suffering, and hopelessness.

8. CardinalVol

If santorum wins ohio I may cry.

I do wish newt was electable. He's fun to listen too.

9. CardinalVol

I cannot fathom how he is still around. I mean, how can people not understand how awful he is?

10. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

This is impossible. How can such an idiot keep winning primaries? Weird. Maybe he is like, actually good at some of this campaigning stuff.

11. CardinalVol

He jumped in states before he ever stepped foot in there.

He's living off a primary day where he was the only candidate to set foot in the state.

I guess more of my question is at what point did "social conservatism" = conservative. I just don't get it.

12. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

At least half of it is social conservativism. Can you win as a Republican at the national level and be pro-choice? And it has been that way since Lee Atwater got involved with the Republican Party. And it will stay that way until conservatives no longer believe (or care) about that issue.

13. CardinalVol

I know and get that.

The fact that we've got 1000 issues facing the country and people are supporting a candidate based on two that aren't that important right now is infuriating, unnerving and sad.

14. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I completely agree. Romney being a Mormon hurts him on this account. Not because he is a Mormon per se, but he can't flex his own traditional values without opening a can of worms on the technicalities of his faith.

15. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I find it funny that Romney's hopes hinge on Cuyahoga County in Ohio. This is exactly where Kerry's eyes were focused in 2004.

16. CardinalVol

Every election hinges on it now.

Watching this analysis tonight and listening to the exit poll dats from a wide range of states truly reveals how splintered the gop is right now.

17. CardinalVol

Looks like romney is going to win ohio.

Santorum can't win mississippi or alabama.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ohio was big.

19. CardinalVol

I think its time to compare romney to 06 florida. Not flashy, wins ugly, had an ugly loss, but in the end won it all.

20. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"